1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senate Dems. Condemn Obama's Verizon Phone Spying Program

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR), according to The Hill, said the operation was an "outrageous breach" of privacy.

“I have had significant concerns about the intelligence community over-collecting information about Americans’ telephone calls, emails, and other records and that is why I voted against the reauthorization of the PATRIOT Act provisions in 2011 and the reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act just six months ago,” Merkley said in a statement.

Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, an independent who caucuses with Democrats, said the National Security Agency's actions were "indefensible" and "unacceptable."

Sen. Mark Udall (D-CO) said the program concerned him and the Obama administration owed it "to the American public to comment on what authorities it thinks it has.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-Condemn-Obama-s-Verizon-Phone-Spying-Program

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why is this coming out now? This is old old news. It's never been all that secret. The dems knew about it, the repubs knew about it. I knew about it and have been telling everyone about for years now.

So why is now the time for this to be "officially" outed?

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "So why is now the time for this to be "officially" outed?"

Probably because it is drawing our attention away from something more sinister according to their plan :-(

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If it's to draw attention away from Obama's bosses big meeting over in England it ain't working.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We now know to whom the Verizon representative was speaking when he asked, "Can you hear me now?"

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO, It's a ploy.

They are setting the ground work for the up and coming new liberal savior.

Remember how she sharply criticised him in the primary campaign?

BHO has served his purpose in bringing us socialized medicine.

Time to get ready for the new boss. Big Sister.

HankD

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you. A lot of the Democrats who are now at last speaking against Obama are Clintonistas. According to Joe Klein, author of the book The Amateur, Obama made a deal with Bill Clinton that Bill would support Obama in 2012 in return for support for Obama's support for Hillary in 2016.

According to Klein, the Clintons kept their deal but Obama has since decided to support Vice-President Biden in 2016. The Clintonistas are furious and I myself think that they are trying to discredit Obama before 2016. Besides, a lot of them actually are on record as not wanting Bush to extend the reach of the Patriot Act, which Obama had done without legislative approval. They are not going to go too far against Obama before the November 2014 Congressional elections but afterwards the Clintonistas will ensure that Biden's boss gets roughed up if he makes any more amateurish mistakes.

Yes, it is a ploy because Obama has damaged the Democrat Party with all these pointless Nixonian scandals, except that Libya caused the deaths of 4 Americans and is more like Mogadishu in that military support was not provided beforehand or during the terrorist attack.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Exactly. This face has lost face so it's time to swap out faces. I agree this is being built up to ready us for the next globalist minion to assume power. Who ever that might be look for them to forgive Obama his trespasses against the Constitution and the rule of law just as Obama forgave Bush for his trespasses against the Constitution and the rule of law.

"we have to look forward not backward"