1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senate votes to Ban partial birth abortion

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Elnora, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Elnora

Elnora New Member

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I will be glad when President Bush signs this bill into law.

3. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

More than likely, a judge will hold up the implementation of the bill. It'll go all the way to the Supreme Court before it can make any kind of effect.

4. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

"The latest news coming from Washington is that partial birth abortion "WILL BE OUTLAWED". As one who has for the last 13 years stood on the front lines in the battle for children's lives, I say, "BIG DEAL". We are a pathetic lot when we get excited over the banning of one form of execution as opposed to another. The banning of partial birth abortion will not save a single life. Not one! Large donor based "pro-life" organizations raise enormous sums of money over this non-issue because it is an easy sell to their gullible Christian donors..."

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm sure he will, as it's politically correct for him to do so, rather than veto it and insist on the inclusion of a health exception (the absence of which may be challenged in the courts).

This whole issue is, imo, little more than an attempt by well-meaning groups like Right to Life to raise funds for their coffers.

6. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Good, let's take this issue of whether or not to murder our unborn children to the Supreme Court and find out just how far away from God our country has gone. If we, as a people, cannot see that this is nothing but cold-blooded murder, let's go ahead and endorse it and bring God's judgment down on us once and for all!

What is really upsetting is to have many so called Christians here attempt to justify partial birth abortion. If one claims to be a follower of Christ and cannot see that this procedure is murder, I question their so called salvation.

7. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Johnv said:
    I heard Sen.John edwards (D) North carolina and presidential candidate say this same thing. This is a dumb statement. How can this procedure EVER save the life of the mother. When the baby is hanging outside the body of the mother except the head. The baby is moving and kicking. JUST TAKE IT OUT OF HER BODY. The life of the mother is in more jeopardy by stopping the birth to suck it's brains out.