1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senate Votes to Guard Gunmakers From Suits

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The right to bear arms was written into the Constitution to help protect us from the government.

The right to smoke was not.

Smokers should bear the responsibility for the consequences of smoking which would mean no public funding for health needs resulting from the habit and no insurance benefits either unless they paid the full premium based on the known risks without forcing non-smokers to share in the costs.

2. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

---------------------
    I own several firearms. I buy ammunition regularly. Havent belonged to the NRA for about 6 years. I'm not a corporate contributor. Guess I'm just an average citizen. So I reckon your post is just a wee bit off the mark.

3. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

Smokers being forced to pay higher taxes on their tobacco products to fund smoking related illness is fine. Forcing a company that sells the product to pay the states, or individual smokers, is simply stupid. A person chooses to use the product, knowing full well what can happen as a result. The tobacco industry shouldn't be held responsible for the decisions of their customers.

4. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Does this mean sellers of drugs shouldn't be prosecuted, only users?