1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senator Clinton's tongue slips again?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), May 24, 2008.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I certainly hope that is the case:

STORY HERE

Admittedly, you have to read the article in the context of a tabloid paper.

What do you think she meant? Chances are that this was an unfortunate slip of the tongue where she was talking about the length of previous campaigns. But both of those men basically had wrapped up their nominations. California sealed it for Kennedy.

Does anyone think this tabloid article has merit?

#1 NaasPreacher (C4K), May 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2008
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    She may be right about the nomination be "wrapped up" until Jun,

BUT

In those days, the primaries didnt even start until March...

Salty

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

She meant that there were good reasons in her mind to keep going in the campaign.

This is yet another example of why Obama is unfit for leadership. He is hypersensitive. All Hillary did was make a statement of fact. If Barak can't handle that, he should not be running. This hypersensitivity is indicative of immaturity and inexperience. It does not bode well for someone who wants to be the main face of hte US around the world.

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

What Pastor Larry said. :)

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't consider it a slip of the tongue at all nor do I find anything wrong with it. This is much ado about nothing.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree that it is "much ado about nothing," but do think it is an indication that she has a tendency to let her tongue slip.

Back when she was the most dangerous politician in America many would have perceived this as an inward hope on her part that Sen Obama would suffer the same fate as Sen Kennedy.

I am glad that we have come to the point where we don't pick every little word she says apart to look for her hidden agendas. Now we can focus on her other flaws.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She has a tendency to let the truth slip. But there is nothing wrong with what she said.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

:thumbs: Just remember there is more than one way for a candidate to die. Wright could surface again which would make Obama politically dead... Or who knows what other skeleton he has in his closet.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you talking about, PL?

" This afternoon, Barack Obama responded to Hillary Clinton's comments yesterday when she referenced th assassination of Robert F. Kennedy as a reason she's staying in the race this year. Obama said he believes that Clinton was not trying to be offensive.

"I have learned that when you are campaigning for as many months as Senator Clinton and I have been campaigning, sometimes you get careless in terms of the statements that you make and I think that is what happened here," Obama said in a radio interview today.

"Senator Clinton says that she did not intend any offense by it and I will take her at her word on that." "

- www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/05/24/politics/fromtheroad/entry4125397.shtml

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist