1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senator McCain: Blowing Up the World at 3:00 a.m.?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 29, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

You've really got it bad. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Well goodness since this guy and Ken are against McCain...:rolleyes:

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to worry Ken if he is as old and out of it as everyone is suggesting, he will not wake up when the phone rings so we will be safe. :thumbs:

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

A profoundly thoughtless piece, heavy on rhetoric and light on analysis.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What's your considered counterargument?

7. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

The piece ends with this:
    "The election in November should come down to foreign policy. John McCain lacks the temperament, knowledge, and philosophy necessary to be a wise military commander-in-chief. He is the last person who should be answering any 3am phone calls at the White House."

And my question is, who does the author think is the FIRST person--out of the list of three current potential presidential candidates--that should be called? If it all boils down to foreign policy for the writer, "who you gonna call?".....and why are they the better choice?

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

It was interesting to note who published this: "Anti-war.com" Thank goodness we have no bias in this report!

I did notice this paragraph:
    "Independents long ago turned against the Iraq war, but they broke for McCain in every Republican primary in which they could vote. He took almost half of the antiwar independents in New Hampshire, for instance."

The question is why did Independents and Dems vote for McCain? Simple to keep a real conservative off the Republican ballot. Looks like that worked.

At the moment, I'm not sure who I will vote for. We will just have to wait and see who else will be on the ballot in NY.

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not a "warmonger" and I support John McCain. Posting an article from an anti-war website and attempting to pass it off as "fact" is simply laughable. John McCain will do a much better job as commander and chief than Obama or Hillary ever could. Mainly Obama. We have had 8 years of an inexperienced president with Bush, we can't afford 4 more with Obama. At this moment in history we need experience and maturity.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The answer: They didn't. Democrats have been too busy with their own exciting nomination race and independents have by and large been voting in the Democratic primaries/caucuses.

No, conservatives in the GOP have only themselves to blame for the nomination of Senator McCain.