1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senator McCain sought the endorsement of controversial pastor

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

You know what happens when you assume. You assume incorrectly. However, we should work toward peace. If war becomes inevitable despite our best efforts, that is another matter altogether. But it doesn't need us to prod it along.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...yet you are assuming McCain WILL definately go to war with Iran...

3. Magnetic Poles

Again, you mistate my position. I have never said that.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...but you implied it in post #37.

5. Magnetic Poles

Nope. Let's look at what I really said, shall we?
    Notice those words "What if"? They establish a postulative position for the sake of discussion. I never said I believed it was going to happen.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...which was said in defense of Ken's post that stated it would happen. Notice I said you "...implied that".

7. Magnetic Poles

I know you did...but I implied no such thing. I did a "what if", if you will, to further the discussion. No implication about it. It was right there on the table as a supposition.

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Spoken like a true Calvinist. :rolleyes:

9. larryjf

larryjf New Member

The context is exactly as i put it.....heretical.
    Here's some more stuff to check out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8khCJTDD44

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh: I would suggest going back through some of the calvinist threads. I'm hardly a calvinist, as the calvinist regulars can confirm. You've been here for a couple weeks, why don't you observe for a while before you start labeling people...

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I've been looking a lot longer than two weeks, and I also think this I have every much a right to post as you do. If you don't like what I say, don't read it or respond.

The response I posted about did sound very Calvinistic in my opinion.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...then learn the difference between God decretive will and His permissive will before labeling someone wrongly.

You joined in March 2008, btw. That is a few weeks.

Like you, I can read and respond, particularly when it is about me.

#52 webdog, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2008
  13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

It is possible to view this site without joining.

It is meaningless to talk about God's "permissive" will, after all everything that happens falls under this parameter.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

When God says "I will", that is not His permissive will. He doesn't need to permit Himself to do anything.

15. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you mean flawed as in all have personal sins? Or flawed in the sense of one's opinion as to what should happen with Iraq and Iran?

Real detectable flaws are the ones that can be measured against an absolute truth.

You may sincerely believe that McCain wants to start a war with Iran, but this is only speculation and very well could be absolutely wrong.

Yet you know with absolute knowledge that abortion is the murdering of innocent children in the wombs. And you know with absolute knowledge that Obama is all for this murdering of babies in the wombs.

Yet you choose to go with your hunches about McCain and reject him while taking what you know is true about Obama and giving him a pass.

McCain MIGHT take us to a war in Iran, this is puely opinion and my opinion believes otherwise to yours.

Obama WILL keep the murder of tens of thousands of children the law of the land, this is not opinion but absolute truth, and you choose to support him anyways.

So war with Iran is a no no for you which puts McCain out. And murder of children in the wombs is just fine which does not in your eyes give Obama a huge enough strike to rule him out. This is shown in your actions Ken, don't tell us how much you hate abortion and then beat the drum for a man such as Obama while declaring one of your reasons for being against McCain is over a war that only exist in a theory of opinions. We all know how Obama feels about children in the wombs, yet you shamefully brag the man up. It is shameful.

God Bless! :praying:

16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This is what I was saying. I actually agree with you. :thumbs:

17. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hagee is a hate filled preacher ... not sure he is a Christian. I can not see how anyone who calls themself a Christian can call for the bombing and killing of thousands or millions of people. I can not find anywhere in any of Christ's teachings where he said, "Kill your enemy."

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Flawed as not being perfect in any way as none of us is perfect in any way.

2) Yes. I care about people once they leave the womb, too. Plus, I am convinced that starting a war with Iran would bring our great nation down to a second rate power because we don't a large enough military to fight three wars simultaneously nor the financial resources to do so.

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Interesting.

Can you find anywhere is Christ's teachings where He said if you don't want the child in your womb you can have someone pull the child out by it's feet, all but the head, and while it squirms with it's arms and legs kicking pierce it's skull with a knife, suck it's brains out until dead and discard it?

God Bless!

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are convinced?

Are you convinced that Obama is for the continuation of the murdering of babies in the womb? But this doesn't bother you as much as people dieing in a war?

Abortion on demand is a guaranteed with Obama. Iran and Iraq is an opinion.

God Bless!