1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senator Obama Has Weathered the W(Right) Storm

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 26, 2008.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Excellent point!

Wright did not misspeak, it wasn't a blunder he never appologized and no one is taking what he said out of context. The very statements he made are context in and of themselves, no excuses.

Have you seen these other "black" churches on tv trying to justify Wright's racist rants? I heard that one man say that we just don't understand black preaching. He said there is a certain aspect of "poetry" in Wright's sermons. Give us a break. Do they think we are that ignorant to know what the man and his supporters stand for?

The scarey part is this isn't just one man's racist rants and a one small church. This is wide spread accross this country. No wonder racism won't die out. Some folks don't want it to. I guess they make a good living on it.

God Bless! :thumbs:

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I was with you until this part... We have no proof this message is preached beyond the walls of Trinity Church. I would hope some black churches focus on Jesus and them.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They had a pastor of a church in Texas on the news this week and he LOVED Wright's preaching, said that Wright has been visiting their church for twenty years and is STILL VERY WELCOME to preach anytime!

There was also a church in Florida that had Wright scheduled to preach and also loves Wright's preaching. Wright cancelled, he said due to a public safefty issue, but I believe he is hoping to stay quit until after the elections as to try to not harm Obama's chances any further.

Several pastors from differing churches accross this country have been interviewed and have said they see nothing wrong with Wright's preaching but that it has been taken out of context. Excusing the man.

ANd then there was this black preacher, David Manning, who was spewing hate filled rhetoric about Obama from his pulpit. What is the matter with these men? Are they simply far out of touch with Christ or are they false teachers alltogether ?

God Bless! :thumbs: