1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senators slam plan for wounded vets to use private insurance

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki confirmed Tuesday that the Obama administration is considering a controversial plan to make veterans pay for treatment of service-related injuries with private insurance.

More Here

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I was going to ask for a link to the specific wording since it is hard to believe the Gov won't pick up the tab for injuries suffered in combat. Then I read this paragraph which better explained, this is just more scary rumors of what might happen and is not anything the administration has publicly said... I see...

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Service connected injuries are not limited to combat only. I have a service connected disability, even though I never served one day in combat.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Good point, I gladly stand corrected... :thumbsup:

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a correction, just a clarification:type:

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

After the war ended in Viet Nam the majority of Americans stood silent while the men in service were spit on and humiliated by the radical left. I hope we do not allow that to happen again. I heard one Viet Nam veteran say last week on TV that the trauma of homecoming was almost as bad as combat.

It is worth noting that a lot of that radical left are now teaching on our college campuses and are in government bureaucracy.