1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Send Mexican workers home . . . .

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Dec 20, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't feel obligated to make jobs in Mexico just as I don't feel obligated to make jobs in Phillipenes or India. One of the biggest problems in Mexico is they never taught the youth to speak english or we would give them more of the customer service/telecom outsourcing. It would certianly be cheaper for the American companies. Other countries made themselves more marketable by teaching english and making affordable post graduate studies.

If we did make more jobs in Mexico, I see American's going there since unskilled work is becoming hard to find here.

I think he's addressing the symptoms and not the cause of the cancer.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

True, but we still could use 5 million of those 10 million+ jobs that went to india and china because of nafta (american free trade) going to Mexico.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, but Mexico needs to prepare itself. Don't take this personal but you can't continue to be the poor victim looking for the handout, at one point in time you have to take your life or country by the bootstraps and be accountable for yourself. These other countries to include Canada presented America a way in. They presented America people with basic skills willing to work.

Again, not personal but a lot of Mexican's come to America and still won't try and learn english.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

The problem in Mexico is what we here in the USA will face in a couple of more years if we do not start punishing the crooked politicians that are destroying the faith of the common people in the system.

They had something like '10' 'revolutions' trying to rid themselves of corruption . . . I think they have given up.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Should we invade them and bring democracy?

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

We tried that once . . . destroyed their democracy for quite a long time (and led to the Marxist revolution early last century).

I think we need to help the Mexicans grow politically as much as possible (without interference).

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yeah sure, we are so good at that. Each country establishes their own destiny. That is Mexico's problem, not ours. We should what is necessary to further the interests of the United States.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All we need to do to stop illegal immigration is to enforce the existing laws against employers. If they can't get jobs, then the illegal aliens will leave and new ones won't come.

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I might agree if our country had not sinned so greatly against God.

Until we have found God and His forgiveness, our country will not recover from the evil of abortion that fills our great country with a stench that can only be cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ.

IMHO.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

We would also have to make them ineligible for social programs. They are more eligiable now than citizens are.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

So far, the studies published do not seem to support that claim.

Since most illegals have illegal social security cards - they cannot collect the billions that they have paid into social security (have you ever wondered why the politicians talk about the 'problem' but won't do anything? Abortion has glutted our work force and without illegals (or legal invaders) our economy would be in terrible shape).

Yes, many hospitals do treat without regard to legal status.

However, illegals fear using the system for fear of reprisals (being sent back). And if the truth be known, legal Americans fear being sent back as well. It can be a hassle being hassled by immigration (I know that I do not like it . . . and I am more than just 'Güero', I am truly anglo).

13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

The studies that I have read that seem to support that position forget that illegals do pay social security and medicare taxes without the legal ability to collect.

Yes, they can get fake id's to collect - but then they go to jail when caught and are deported.

I learned real quick as a young man the difference between "Those people do not work because they are _____" and working with 'those people'. Usually characterization of people groups paints with too broad of a brush.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't know all the technicalities but I can tell you a story from our Church.

We have a memeber with two kids who is Black and Latino. She applied for assistance from the birth of her first child and could naver get high enough on the section 8 list to even get a place to stay. She heard from a woman at the City hospital, if she used Latino it would make a big difference. She decided to reapply changing her race from Black to Latino. Two weeks later she was in her place, her kids were treated to physicals w/shots (I gave her a ride), her cupboards were overflowing with food and she was given $5K in back payments which she used to buy a car (I know, she wouldn't listen).

Again, I don't know if we have a separate fund set aside for Latino but it sure worked for her. She's even bought a couple of more cars because her little boyfriends wreck them.

15. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Too bad that she is using the system.

However, I know an anglo woman that got benefits . . .

Studies that I have seen do not suggest that one gets benefits just because of one's race.

16. billwald

billwald New Member

On the other hand, anyone else think it interesting that the Mexicans can come here, find jobs, and make enough to send hundreds a month back home to they families while Americans collecting "rocking chair" can't find any jobs?

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

It has intrigued me for years that many of us in the USA are missing out on the American dream while foreigners seem to be able to cash in on the dream.

However, having said that . . . indians seem to be able to gain significant tax advantages and small business loans that the average american (& most definitely the average illegal immigrant) cannot seem to get.

I am not for government assistance to naturalized citizens (besides the obvious unemployment and social security benefits which they pay taxes for). I think that the Romans had realized something when they required maximum benefits of citizenship to go to those born citizens.

18. Vera Hammoudeh

Vera Hammoudeh New Member

"Yes i do find that strange" so i wander why that is billwald? I have a pretty good ideal, don't you? :thumbs: