1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sensitive Topic..Not Sure Where I Should Post It

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by NomadsWife, Aug 29, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

2 Samuel 12:5 So David's anger was greatly aroused against the man, and he said to Nathan, "As the Lord lives, the man who has done this shall surely die! 6 And he shall restore fourfold for the lamb, because he did this thing and because he had no pity."

7 Then Nathan said to David, "You are the man! Thus says the Lord God of Israel: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. 8 I gave you your master's house and your master's wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more! 9 Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon. 10 Now therefore, the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me, and have taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.'

11 Thus says the Lord: 'Behold, I will raise up adversity against you from your own house; and I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For you did it secretly, but I will do this thing before all Israel, before the sun.' "

13 So David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." And Nathan said to David, "The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. 14 However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die."

15 Then Nathan departed to his house.And the Lord struck the child that Uriah's wife bore to David, and it became ill.

16 David therefore pleaded with God for the child, and David fasted and went in and lay all night on the ground. 17 So the elders of his house arose and went to him, to raise him up from the ground. But he would not, nor did he eat food with them.

18 Then on the seventh day it came to pass that the child died. ............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Well said, Johnv

2. Karen Rose

Karen Rose New Member

This discussion kinda makes me think of the days of Noah, when Lot's virgin daughters were shoved out his protective door to appease the mob of sex offenders .....

So now Ms. Gina is being called on the carpet because she doesn't minister to sex offenders??? We must be wise, as Christians, when we witness. Why do we go 2 at a time???? God says we should, and it keeps us safe.

We should pray for sinners to get saved, but as a mother and a women I have to protect myself in this day and age......

I go soulwinning regularly and pass out tracks with my children on our own, but I would never be silly enough to go purposefully to the door of a registered sex offender, knowing he/she was one, UNLESS CALLED BY GOD to do so.....and that would be a ministry that I would go to my Pastor and seek council.

When we go out soul winning or pass out tracks we never know who we are witnessing to anyway....They could be a sex offender, only God knows their heart and God will show His face to those who are seeking Him.

Are we willing to witness? are we proclaiming the gospel? are we telling people how to stay out of hell by accepting the gift of salvation?? God will put the right people in our path. He knows what He is doing....Thank God someone came and told me about Jesus Christ. God lead that person to me. They didn't seek me out..... They were just going door to door as commisioned by God.

Anyway, God bless you Gina..... God is able to raise up the right person for the job of witnessing to Sex Offenders.....perhaps Freeatlast is open to that possiblity...

I Tim 3:16
    Karen Rose

3. rufus

rufus New Member

Thanks for sharing! God bless! [​IMG]

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am truly sorry that I was gone for most of this thread's life. Obviously strong feelings on WHAT the problem is and HOW we should deal with it.

And hurts and barbs and personal inuendos that are not tolerated on the BB. No need to continue.