1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Serious question for Calvinists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Jun 15, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think a more accurate exegesis of that text would be to substitute your "unconverted" with "old nature", and "converted" with "new creation" (new nature). In this letter to the Church at Corinth, Paul is addressing believers and the fact they are living by their old nature. I stand by what I said previously, this is not in regards to regeneration.

2. epistemaniac

epistemaniac New Member

hey all just a quick note to the folks I kniow from the forunms I post to occasionally… I am disabled the pain is realy getting out of control… trhey gave me triple the amount of morphine and kept me at the same does of flexaril, vicodine and added valium… but it looks like I am going to have to go into the hospital today… please pray… we have no insurance and that they would find something quickly and that whatever treatment might not be to expensive wither… blessings

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I will be praying for you Epistemaniac.:praying: :tear:

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I long remember having an interest in religion, spiritual matters. I knew the story of Jesus. I believed God existed. I was "baptized" (just got wet, really) several times in various churches. I can remember saying that "wherever I end up, whether in hell or heaven, I know God is a righteous Judge and I'm getting what I deserve." And then I went right on trying to earn my way into heaven.

I know now that I was lost, even though I thought I was saved. This is a far bigger concern for me; not that the lost know they are lost and are going to hell; but that so many lost think they are saved.

Jesus said there will be "many" in that day who say "Lord, Lord" and He will say, "depart from Me, I never knew you." Up until that very moment, these people were deceived into believing they were saved.

Several years ago, there was a crusade in Kansas City, and some folks I knew went to training on how to be spiritual helpers or councelors or some such thing. I read some of the material they received. One booklet said, "If a person says they are not sure if they are saved, ask them if they have ever prayed to receive Jesus into their hearts. If they have, you should tell them they are saved".

I sometimes wonder who is being deceived and by whom?

peace to you:praise:

5. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hello Ken, we'll be praying for you. You must face your trial courageously for those of us that are to follow. Keep us updated.