1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Serious Question

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by amixedupmom, May 22, 2004.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The same thing you do most likely ... make a choice about which one is accurate. YOu do this every single time you reject one version in favor of another. You are deciding which one is accurate. We all do that.

You do this every day when you pick up your KJV. Remember how fond you guys are of saying that the KJV translators were eminent scholars, even better scholars than the ones we have today? You can't have it both ways. If scholarship is wrong, then you must abandon your KJV.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Far as I'm concerned, Cloud's criticizing Riplinger is the river calling the creek wet.

However, Cloud's criticism of her NABV is correct!

I'm waiting for Riplinger to point out what you did about Cloud, Pastor Larry. I've read her responses to him, including "O Madman".

In reading their dialogue, I immediately think of a "re-wording" of an old song. It begins, "Take me out to the DOG FIGHT..."

3. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Since when did learning a dead language become the litmus test for someones knowledge of the Scriptures?!

Whenever pseudo-Fundamentalists started making the KJV a test of fellowship. Next question?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oy vey! have you been to Israel lately?

HankD

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you to those who opted to answer for me so eloquently. The insinuations of the only sect are so ludicrous that reading them (and your great responses) has made me smile.

Hear that whooshing sound? Textual criticism rushing overhead. Accept the work of a 16th C Roman Catholic humanist rather than think for yourself.

Understand that a jot and title are Hebrew, a living and vibrant language which was selected by God for His precious Word. There is no correlation to the English translations. To imagine so is dillusional.

Attack scholars because they are the enemy. Attack other documents, other interpretations, other men. Attack Hebrew (it can't fight back). Deify Ruckman, Riplinger, Cloud, Hyles and the whole SDA.

It would be fun to watch if it weren't the seeds of destruction of much of the Faith. How ironic that Satan is using the KJVO sect to attack the precious Word of God. Funny. Not haha.

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You know who Metzger and W/H are. Did you not see their verbal/written controversay? Their controversay is seen:

John 5:46-47

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me. But if ye believe NOT his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

What about their unbelief with the Christianity? Their unbelief is seen:

John 12:43

For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

2 Cor. 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with UNBELIEVERS: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2 Cor. 6:17

Wherefore come out from among them, and BE YE SEPARATE, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Their reason that they produced their NEW Bible versions is seen:

2 Cor. 2:17

For we are not as many, which CORRUPT the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Did we agree about Psalm 12:6-7 referring to the preservation of the Holy Scriptures, NOT people? This passages refer to the Greek/Hebrew MSS. Let this passages say:

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
    Faith? Did you see their faith? How would you see their faith when they are unbelievers? How would you see their faith that they rejected the part of Genesis story? How would you see their faith that they rejected the prophecy from the OT to the NT?
    I am not done, however I studied on the inspiration and canonicity course a few years ago. Someday I will maybe take the advance course if God's will be done.

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Michelle and I asked YOU to show us your report, but YOU did NOT do it. We are waiting on YOU. We want to see it. WHERE is your evidence against David Cloud?

8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I agree with Cloud against Riplinger because of her attitude. I agree with Riplinger about her book, New Age Versions, however I disagree with what she wrote in her book. Rilpinger made some mistakes.
    Riplinger called Cloud that title. Her attitude!

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me encourage that. You claim the "midwest" as home - try Central Baptist Seminary in Minneapolis or Detroit Baptist Seminary or Calvary Baptist Seminary in suburban Philladelphia.

Don't go to a second rate school without academic character, a non-baptist school, or the like. You will be surprised what a good dose of academics will do to open your eyes to blatant error parading in fundamentalism today.

10. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

That evidence has been posted here several times over the last few years. I am way ahead of you. In fact, I repeated two of them here: the issue with Kevin Bauder and the issue with Bill Combs. In both of them, Cloud attacked good men and slandered them and their positions. The one with Combs was an out and out lie and his own article proved it. The one with Bauder was a statement of ignorance. If you search his site you should e able to find this.

In addition, I have personal correspondence that I am not at liberty to post here because it would be a breach of ethics since I was not involved in it.

But even apart from that, when you honestly study the Bible version issue, it is impossible not to recognize that he is lying about a lot of things. The problem is that some are not willing to look at the facts of the matter.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Here is an articles about Cloud's twisted theology:

Ack. Sorry, robycop, but if there's anyone who's even worse than Cloud, it's Darwin Fish. If you looked closely at his site, you might have noticed that he considers practically everyone to be a "false teacher" apart from himself. Fish claims never to have found another true church. other than his own.

13. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Umm why does this sound like a cult (reading the facts) ... Sorry but, it does

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ransom:Ack. Sorry, robycop, but if there's anyone who's even worse than Cloud, it's Darwin Fish. If you looked closely at his site, you might have noticed that he considers practically everyone to be a "false teacher" apart from himself. Fish claims never to have found another true church. other than his own.

I wasn't saying Cloud was worst of the worst-I was referring JUST to Cloud, as he was the person being discussed by Pastor Larry & others. But I must agree that Darwin is indeed a Fish outta water.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, examples that were DEMANDED have been given. Wonder what the "Friends of Cloud" have to say?

(It's all a right wing conspiracy . . - oh, wait, that was Hillary)

16. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Now, examples that were DEMANDED have been given. Wonder what the "Friends of Cloud" have to say?

As I recall, the appropriate response from history is, "At long last, sir, have you no shame?"
    [​IMG]

17. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, the equivalence is pretty much on the mark. Same tactics. And whatever they say that should be honestly considered is obfuscated by the mountain of false charges.

18. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I heard about 3 Seminaries that you gave me. Thanks.

19. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Dr. Bob Griffin:
    Let me encourage that. You claim the "midwest" as home - try Central Baptist Seminary in Minneapolis or Detroit Baptist Seminary or Calvary Baptist Seminary in suburban Philladelphia.

Don't go to a second rate school without academic character, a non-baptist school, or the like. You will be surprised what a good dose of academics will do to open your eyes to blatant error parading in fundamentalism today.

I wonder which seminar or school the Apostle Paul went to? Gee, I wonder if any school he went to opened his eyes? Hmm, or rather was the Lord Jesus Christ himself and the truth what opened Pauls eyes?

By the way, the only blatant error parading in fundamentalism today, is toleration and compromise with error and the ways of the world. Sure seems as if these academic shools/seminars have done nothing to hinder this, but encourage it.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

20. michelle

michelle New Member

I have personally read what Cloud has to say, and has said. And although I do not agree with Cloud 100% on everything, I have to say that I agree with him, more than anyone who I have seen posting on these threads because he believes and lives the commands of the Lord and loves the word of God. Some here are claiming Cloud has slandered others, to which he has not, but yet you do this very thing to him which you claim he has done. What hypocrates! Exposing error is part of the job of the man of God, and this is indeed what he does and continues to do, along with many other things. I would gladly listen to Cloud, over that of any one of you.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle