1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Serious Question

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Nicholas25, May 9, 2009.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Is it unChrist-like to be quiet and keep to yourself. What is your definition of a snob? What is a proud look that Proverbs talks about?

2. Olivencia

Olivencia New Member

1. Is it unChrist-like to be quiet and keep to yourself.

--> No, but not ALL the time.

2. What is your definition of a snob?

--> A person thinks (for whatever reason(s)) they are better than someone else.

3. What is a proud look that Proverbs talks about?

--> The disposition of one's heart from question #2.

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Of course not.

Someone who thinks they are better than most other people, and/or someone who avoids people who they deem to be unworthy of their friendship.

I have always taken as being pretty much the definition I just gave of the snob.

4. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Romans 12:3 For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith. Also Lucifer's fall was said "because of thine beauty thine heart was lifted up" I see some "STARS" walk with proud looks on there faces and yes...maybe in Church too.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It all depends on what you are doing while you are keeping to yourself.

Are you doing what the Bible says? resting? praying in your prayer closet? meditating on the Word? taking care of your family? taking care of yourself? uncluttering your mind from the world's junk? sleeping?

It can't be unChristlike to be quiet and keep to yourself, because Christ did that very thing on certain occasions.

And on other occasions, He was busy, overworked, and hung out with literally thousands of people.

It really doesn't matter if you are alone or running with the pack. The question is.....in whatever state you find yourself are you doing the will of God.

There are times Christians need to be alone and there are times they need the corporate body.

A snob is a person who has disdain for others around him or her considers them not worthy of his or her attention or time.

That is not Christlike. Christ, Himself, ate in the homes of prostitutes and publicans. He touched the lepers and called the uneducated to service and loved the unlovable.

6. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

........................................coughs quietly...................

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

It is a sin to be a gossip and be up in everyone else's business as such.