1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sermon Over Lunch

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 2, 2002.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Sometimes, we get sermons at the weirdest times. I went to lunch with my pastor and youth minister today. My pastor spoke us a sermon in five minutes, without his glasses.

He said that unless you are living a godly righteous life, you will be tossed and blown in the wind and Satan's meanderings will knock you down. You have to realize that the plumbline is set. Your most important thing to do is to walk with your God and keep his plumbline. If you do this, the wind will blow, you will feel the pressure, but God will guide you through the storm a winner.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Saggy, some of those sermons are the ones that the Spirit will use to touch more lives than the "big ones" he gives on Sunday morning!

Good words, dear lady. Need them to live by!

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You got that right,Dr. Bob. Sometimes, it is those 5 minuters that bowl me over and make me change more than the others.