1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Serving In the Military--Wrong?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bro Tony, Sep 25, 2006.

1. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did not kill anyone he threw out of the Temple, but from personal experience I can say that being thrown out of a building by someone much stronger than you hurts. In the John passage Jesus made a weapon, and if he hit anyone with it while casting them out, that person hurt.

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

If you're talking about Christians our kingdom is not of this world. Jesus commanded us to be in this world but not of this world. America is the equivalent of what Rome was in Jesus' time, the supreme power in this world.

3. StraightAndNarrow

The verses I quoted describe how Christians should act in the face of violence. I would agree that none of them mention the US army. Were you expecting that?

4. StraightAndNarrow

In reality, I tend to accept the Just War approach. My problem is that many Christians, especially Southern Baptists, tend to define every war as a just war. In my opinion, we haven't seen a just war since WWII with the possible exception of the Korean War. Southern Baptists were the ONLY major Christian denomination who came out in support of the Iraq War. That's really my major concern.