1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

serving w/o membership

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

When we signed up on the Baptist Board, we agreed to abide by the rules. We are now members, and subject to the discipline of the Administrators and Moderators if we get out of line.

But we had to sign up first in order to express our opinions and vote in the polls. Our names are on the roll. We are members. gekko, you're a member. No membership, no participation.

Why would you not want to commit to a congregation for which Jesus shed his blood, suffered and died? Why would you refuse to enter into a covenant relationship?

Please don't take lightly what Jesus died for.

2. gekko

gekko New Member

yeah... but you can have forums where you don't need to be a member. i've created a couple myself. and anybody can participate in them - just have to provide a name.

i'm not refusing it.
    i'm refusing to call it membership.

i'm not arguing whether or not i should become a member.

i'm only asking what's more biblical - to let christians serve regardless of "membership" or not?