1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Setback for non-Republicans

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, May 29, 2006.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In what is a clear setback to Democrats and Constitution Party members as well as Libertarians and Greens, President Uribe of Colombia won re-election in a landslide in Colombia on Sunday. This gives a round of applause to US foreign policy in Latin America and cements the friendship between Colombians and Americans, especially thwarting the Constitution Party in the USA.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060529/ts_nm/colombia_election_dc_10

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This Libertarian is quite glad to see someone other than the likes of Hugo Chavez or Evo Morales win an election in South America.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Ken,
    We have a dog just like that. Best pet we ever had.

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What nonsense you have written, Ken. The majority of your party favors the legalization of drugs and would not have fought the drug lords in Colombia.

As for the Constitution Party, they wanted to abandon the Colombian middle class to be murdered by the FARC and the drug lords in the name of saving money. The Constitution Party was very specific that they wanted total withdrawal from Colombia. This is a huge setback for the Constitution Party.

Actually, President Uribe, whose father was murdered by terrorists, has been successful in fighting terrorism and has been a good friend to the USA. Politically, his re-election vindicates Bush in Latin America and in the war against terror, causing another political setback to those who need American failure in order to win in November.

5. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rightly or wrongly... Few will even notice this and even fewer will care.

This will not vindicate Bush with those who count unless he finds a way to make it a big deal... You might have noticed that their ability to get their message out and get what they want told through the media hasn't exactly been stellar.

For whatever reason, Bush actually thinks that campaigns end and there is a time when the job of the administration is to fulfill its constitutional role. The one thing Bill Clinton definitely taught us is that campaigns never end. You have to work the media, sell your agenda, and have a "war room" to do damage control constantly... or else you find yourself defined by others.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless, Alvaro Uribe is far better than Chavez or Morales.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's Mill Creek's Ossum Luck CD NA NAJ NAP NJP, my first dog to train to compete in AKC obedience and agility trials. He needs two more qualifying runs to finish his Excellent class titles in agility and then I will retire him from competition. I have another Sheltie named Justin who I have just started training in agility so that he can start competing after Ossum retires.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Bush's are known for their adventures with drugs, either using them like Jr or dealing them to buy guns for insurgents like Dad. Of course they love Columbia CMG. It's full of they're kind of people. And don't worry the constitution itself is on it's last legs you shouldn't have to wait long to see that totalitarian government you've been longing for. :smilewinkgrin:

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

BTW, the last thing the drug lords want is legalization. Just as the bootleggers loved prohibition, the drug lords know that they cannot compete in a free market, which is what legalization would bring.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too bad, Poncho, but the Constitution Party has a clear platform of abandoning Colombia, which would have meant the murder of the middle-class. Therefore, it is your party that would have installed a totalitarian government of communism allied with drug lords in Colombia by default.

Let's correct your purposeful factual errors, Poncho. George W. was addicted to alcohol, not drugs, as you claim. And George H.W. was not responsible for Iran-Contra, as you falsely claim, Poncho, but Ronald Reagan was responsible for that deal and said so publically.

Poncho, people like you seem so enamored by power that you don't care whose blood is shed in order for you to rule. President Uribe's father was murdered by terrorists so he understands something that the Constitution Party does not understand--how to fight terror. Poncho, you jest at scars. That is the reason, Poncho, that you have suffered a setback last Sunday because one corner of the world held a free election and the forces of freedom and democracy won a victory politically. It would take a bloodbath in Colombia for the Constitution Party to come to power in this country and the Constitution Party platform of abandoning Colombia was designed to cause a bloodbath there.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a link to the Constitution Party's objections to helping Colombia:

http://www.constitutionparty.com/news.php?aid=48

Here is what the Constitution Party said in part, "...This is another New World Order adventure in which American lives will be lost for no good purpose unless we can provide leadership in cutting off the money for this unconstitutional activity. "

The Constitution Party received a massive setback with the landslide re-election victory of Colombian President Uribe.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Abandoning? How does one abandon a place you don't believe you should be in the first place? Let the Columbians run Columbia it's their country, not ours.

My party? In this world my first allegience is to the U.S. Constitution. I never swore any oath to protect any party against all enemies foreign and domestic.

I would think that in order to correct errors one would have to have a good working knowledge of the facts which would include the Bush family history and their past and present alliances...the real ones not the made for tv "official" versions.

This is by far the zaniest statement I've ever read on BB so far.

He is also part of the elite class so I'd imagine that he knows that terror is a great way to gain hold and centralize power. Even a quick look at history shows that rulers have often resorted to use it for those purposes. Look at George W. Bush without the constant threat of terrorism either real or imagined he would never been able to get half of his globalist masters anti freedom bills through congress.

Setbacks are to be expected though I don't view this as one. Anyone can be installed in an office given enough money and skillful propagandists. Owning big shares of Diebold and ES&S probably doesn't hurt either.

Seems like we have different definitions for these ideas. Here's mine...freedom is a lack of government coercion. Democracy is two wolves an a sheep deciding whats for dinner.

I personally don't care which party is in power as long as they uphold thier oath to the constitution. That's something the two globalist parties have no intention of doing apparently. Foreign aid is unconstitutional, there are legal ways that can be pursued to change that, just ignoring the law (constitution) shouldn't even be considered as an option as far as I'm concerned.

#12 poncho, May 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The record is clear that the Constitution Party would have abandoned Colombia--there is no debate about that.

President Uribe's re-election shows that the common people of Latin America can reject communism at the ballot box and can reject terrorism.

This is a severe setback for the Constitution Party, not to mention the Libertarian Party, which supports the legalization of the narcotics mobsters.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Call it what you will but meddling in the affairs of other countries has created more problems than it ever solved.

Good for them! Let's hope they decide to reject the fascist globalists as well.

The narcotics mobsters would be the last people to want their products to be legalized, so in reality you are siding with them by default.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know the basis for the statement that it defeats mobsters to have their product legalized. What evidence is there for that statement? How am I siding with them by arresting them and imprisoning them? I doubt if they would consider that being allied with them since they seem to engage in military battles to prevent their arrest. I suppose that liberals would also argue that the legalization of abortion has defeated the abortionists by making the product safe and legal and that making abortion illegal would increase the power and profits of the abortionists in the medical profession.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If you were accustomed to making millions in tax free money from your products would you want them to be suddenly taxable?

Let me rephrase that a bit if you for years had an income of millions and paid no tax on that income how open to the idea of taxation would you be?

#16 poncho, May 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2006
  17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Making a product legal increases the supply and with the demand being the same the price and profits decrease.

2) Yes, it would. Demand remaining basically the same with a restriction of supply always drives up the price and profits.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The legalization of gambling by the states has actually increased the amount of money spent on gambling. As for the alcohol industry, the legalization of alcohol has increased the profits of the alcohol industry and legalization of abortion has made the abortionists richer than ever. What abortionists ever thought that the Democrat Party would include in their plank a statement calling for legalized abortion?

Legalized drugs would allow the Libertarians and the Constitution Party members to ignore the plight of the addicted and would turn countries such as Colombia over to the drug producers in the name of saving money, which was the position of the Constitution Party.

The re-election of Colombian President Uribe by 62% in a landslide is a setback for the legalization of drugs as called for by the Libertarian Party and is a setback for the withdrawal from the drug war as called for by the Constitution Party. The vindication of the Bush policy in Colombia is a set back for the Democrats who need for Bush to fail so that they can win.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only in your mind, cmg, only in your mind. :laugh:

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure what you mean, Ken. Do you mean that it is not a setback for the trafficers of death or do you mean that the Libertarian Party platform calling for the legalization of drugs will be passed?

Here is what your party calls for, Ken, in case there are some here that are not aware of what you stand for:

Repeal all laws establishing criminal or civil penalties for the use of drugs. Repeal laws that infringe upon individual rights to be secure in our persons, homes, and property as protected by the Fourth Amendment. Stop the use of "anti-crime" measures such as profiling or civil asset forfeiture that reduce the standard of proof historically borne by government in prosecutions. Stop prosecuting accused non-violent drug offenders, and pardon those previously convicted.

http://www.lp.org/issues/platform_all.shtml#warondru