1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Setting the tone of Jesus' ministry ...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In what way, in your opinion, did Jesus' first miracle, turning water into wine, set the tone for his future ministry?

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are told in the Bible: 'Jesus........manifested His glory, and His disciples believed in Him' (John 2:11).
    There are a few other possible pointers: God had previously sent the Law and the prophets, but He saved the best until Jesus (cf. John 2:10).

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin, I agree with your post.

In the OP I asked how the miracle Jesus performed at the wedding set the tone of his ministry. I heard this idea in a sermon recently and have been pondering it. Personally I do not have an answer other than that He did it for others, solving an embarrassing problem for the host, and creating pleasure for others in it being the best of wine. Those two factors did, in my opinion, bring him glory.

However, I believe there are probably deeper answers and I would like others to share their feelings on this for me to consider.

I have another question on this event in his life.

Thanks for your reply.