1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

seven out of every 10 physicians are rebelling against the state's Obamacare health

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An estimated seven out of every 10 physicians in deep-blue California are rebelling against the state's Obamacare health insurance exchange and won't participate, the head of the state's largest medical association said.

“It doesn't surprise me that there's a high rate of nonparticipation,” said Dr. Richard Thorp, president of the California Medical Association.

Thorp has been a primary care doctor for 38 years in a small town 90 miles north of Sacramento. The CMA represents 38,000 of the roughly 104,000 doctors in California.

“We need some recognition that we’re doing a service to the community. But we can’t do it for free. And we can’t do it at a loss. No other business would do that,” he said.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2540272#.UqLPd42Zl8I.twitter

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Unfortunately, all this means is that only 30% of the doctors in California will be willing to the ACA's woefully inadequate payments for offering healthcare to the policyholders, which will mean longer waits for appointments and services, poorer quality healthcare due to overworked and underpaid doctors, and ghetto-style healthcare delivery points, i.e., poorly cared-for, unsecure offices from which these doctors will be able to afford to operate.