1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seventh-Day Adventism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ReformedBaptist, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I can tell you that the beliefs of Augustine and Calvin dictate in large part to the doctrines in Baptist churches. I would NOT go as far as you do with the SDA’s. (in calling them liars) I would simply see them as 1. either ignorant of who their fathers were and what they really believed and the necessitated ends of holding to their basic tenants 2. confused 3.simply uninterested in seeking or understanding truth.

Many could be a Baptist one week, a Nazarene the next week or a Luther the next and never understand or even care to know what is different about them. They are simply happy to belong to something and to be accepted. There is simply little or no connection between raising their right hand and any understanding of what that really means.

Can we query you as to your held beliefs in the SBC? Do you know where their roots lie and who are the real architects of Calvinistic dogma? How can you raise your right hand to their manual if in fact you disagree with what they claim happens after death? Does it say that you are free to disagree with some of the statements of faith, or are you suppose to agree with all of them? Who decides which have to do with salvation and as such are unimportant, and are truth or not? You or them?

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Whatever became of the lying prophet question? Will I Am Blessed 17 and others allow this interesting notation in Scripture to simply go unanswered?

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While this is truly entertaining "spin" let's review the facts.

I never make the "appeal to details" over issues like "IQ" or "reading comprehension".

My point is that the sinful nature often results in the well known result "not letting inconvenient facts get in the way of good story telling".

We see a perfect example of this in Mark 7 where Christ reminds the Pharisees of the 5th commandment and how it opposes one of their traditions.

Now obviously they "have the IQ to read the 5th commandment" and also the 5th commandment "is a detail that they are aware of".

But the "story they want to tell" (in this case a tradition about giving gifts to the church even if it means not caring for parents) is hampered by the 5th commandment "detail" so they simply choose not to address it while "tellng their story".

It is that "avoid the details that do not fit my spin" issue that I am addressing.

I almost always point this out when someone is issueing an empty unproven accusation, or is trying to prompt up a failed doctrine by trying to ignore post after post regarding the texts that directly affect that Doctrine (or false-accusation) showing it to be in error.

Your statement above makes it appear that these false accusations and false doctrines that "need to avoid inconvenient details" are not to challenged. That simply would not be the right respsonse.

in Christ,

Bob

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Here I was was uder the impression that 'IQ' was simply code for the 'InQuisition going on of the SDA'S:laugh:

5. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has run it's course. It is now closed. Let's put this issue to rest for while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.