1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST -Creationist Belief

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, May 14, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Since the topic of what Seventh Day Adventists believe has been in the forefront lately, I wanted to have a way to explain to everyone just what we believe about the Sabbath.

The Sabbath is the central Commandment of the Ten Commandments, in that it identifies God as our Creator and sanctifier. This is a little difficult to explain, but I remembered a certain sermon by A.T.Jones, a leading SDA Speaker...

The sermon is about the Sabbath and how it relates to the idea of God as our Creator and His ability to create in us a new heart. Here is an exerpt from it and please take a little time to click on the link below to read the rest of the sermon. It will help you to understand just why we keep the 7th Day Sabbath and what it is really all about.

"Now what has been the process of your progress from the worse to the better? Has it been through "many ups and downs?" Has your acquiring of the power to do the good--the good works which are of God--been through a long process of ups and downs from the time of your first profession of Christianity until now? Has it appeared sometimes that you had apparently made great progress, that you were doing well, and that everything was nice and pleasant; and then, without a moment's warning there would come a cataclysm, or an eruption, and all be spoiled? Nevertheless, in spite of all the ups and downs, you start in for another effort: and so through this process, long-continued, you have come to where you are today, and in "looking back" over it all, you can mark some progress, you think, as judged by your feelings--is that your experience? Is that the way you have made progress?
    In other words, are you an evolutionist? Don't dodge; confess the honest truth, for I want to get you out of evolutionism this afternoon. There is a way to get out of it, and everyone who came into this house an evolutionist can go out a Christian. So if, when I am describing an evolutionist, so plainly that you see yourself, just say so, admit that it is yourself, and then follow along the steps that God will give you, and that will bring you out of it all. But I say plainly to you that, if that which I have described has been your experience, if that has been the kind of progress that you have made in your Christian life, then you are an evolutionist, whether you admit it or not. The best way, however, is to admit it, then quit it, and be a Christian.
    ….Many people have been longing and longing for a clean heart. They say, "I believe in the forgiveness of sin and all that and I would take it all, if I was sure that I could hold out, but there is so much evil in my heart and so many things to overcome that I do not have any confidence." But there stands the word, "Create in me a clean heart." A clean heart comes by creation and by no other means; and that creation is wrought by the word of God. For He says, "A new heart also will I give you and a new spirit will I put within you." Are you a creationist now or are you an evolutionist? Will you go out of this house with an evil heart or with a new heart created by the word of God, which has in it creative energy to produce a new heart? It speaks to you a new heart. To every one it speaks just that way, and if you allow a moment to pass between the speaking of the word and the new heart, you are an evolutionist. When you allow any time to pass between the word spoken and the fulfillment of that thing in your experience, then you are an evolutionist."
    –Sermon by A.T. Jones Creationist or Evolutionist- which are you?

Please click here to read the rest of the sermon:

Creationist or Evolutionist- which are you? Sermon by A.T. Jones

Thank you in advance for taking time to read it,

Claudia

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting but we have far bigger problems today. In the 1800's Jones could "afford" to assume that Christians would accept the Bible account of Creation including the making of the 7th day a Holy Day.

He could safely assume that Christians would be IN FAVOR of the "Account of creation" that God placed in Gen 1-2:3.

That is no longer a safe assumption! Today so called "Christians" will toss out the OT entirely, some will toss out "just" the book of Genesis in terms of Creation, the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah -- and maybe some other things like the story of Jonah.

So much "cut-and-paste" occurs that one hardly knows who will really hold to the 66 and who will not!

And the result - we see relativism and agnostic views of marriage, gay marriages etc being incorporated into denominations.

Question - do you know any denomination that has compromised on the gay agenda without FIRST allowing the atheist-darwinist view of evolution?

Even one??

In Christ,

Bob