1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seventh-Day Adventists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Bible Answer Kid, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

do you mean an SDA who knows Saturday is the Sabbath? or do you mean someone who is not an SDA and isnt convincted of the Sabbath?

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

whats funny is people act as if SDAs think they can just decide someones case. Nobody can judge anyone else. God alone knows the heart.

besides that I cant speak for all SDAs I can only tell you what I think personally.

and besides that besides, each and every time I try to explain how I feel about this, people just ignore it anyway.

I go into this detailed explanation of how I believe that God knows the heart and how the Bible says do not sin but if we do sin we have an Advocate... and etc and so on.

Its not as if God sits there just waiting to whop us over the head when we sin. I do not view God as legalistic. Its not ME who does that.

On the other hand, many many Christians of other denominations view God as legalistic and so they think God gave us a Law we cant keep and thus they disregard it altogether and in so doing they have to ignore scores of Bible verses that tell us to keep the commandments.

Jesus said when you have seen Me you have seen the Father... Jesus wasnt saying anything new when he said love God and love your neighbor, that was the foundation of the law in the old testament as well. He just reiterated it. TO THEM it seemed new because they had lost sight of the truth.

1Jn:2:7: Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

I believe if we had any idea whatsoever of just how perfectly perfect Jesus is, and we view just one ray of His holiness, then we will be the last to claim we are sinless.

Every moment of the day our attitude needs to be that of the Publican... namely realizing we are hanging on God's mercy. And you know what will happen if we truly realize all of this about God's mercy? The parable of the King who lets the man who owes him a huge debt he cannot possibly pay, out of prison. The guy goes out and tries to force someone else who owes HIM a debt... to pay it, showing that he never really made the king's forgiveness a part of his own character. What happens? The king tosses him back into prison. What I am saying is that if we realize God's love we will go out and show it to others. It is shown in keeping His Law. which in summary is the Law of Love.

and people can accuse me of being a "Pharisee" all they want to, it just shows they dont even realize what a Pharisee is. A Pharisee is someone who tries to earn salvation and who claims to keep the law but doesnt. The Pharisees went around believing in "Thou shalt not kill" while hating their neighbor. They were whited walls. Jesus said to the Pharisees to stop cleaning just the outside of the cup while leaving the inside filthy. Jesus DID NOT, I repeat DID NOT say to just dont worry about either the inside or the outside of the cup. THAT my friends is what most Christians are teaching today. Unfortunately.

THIS is what Jesus told the Pharisees:

Mt:23:23: Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

NOW you tell me, did Jesus say DONT KEEP THE LAW? what were they doing? They neglected LOVE which was the weightier matter of the law ...while they just kept the law outwardly. Jesus said DO BOTH! THAT, my friends, is what a Pharisee is. SDAs are not Pharisees just because they bring to light the claims of the Law. okayyyyyyy?? Got that?

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

sorry but it just irks me when people start throwing around this accusation of SDAs being "Pharisees".

Claudia

#322 Claudia_T, Jan 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2007
  3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The official teaching of the SDA church is that those who worship on Sunday will have the mark of the beast when Jesus comes back and cannot go to heaven.

http://caic.org.au/biblebase/sda/beast-1.htm

http://www.4truth.net/site/apps/nl/content3.asp?c=hiKXLbPNLrF&b=784565&ct=1235077

http://www.letusreason.org/7thAd28.htm

http://www.bible.ca/7-mark-beast.htm

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

~ Sorry, double post ~

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

oh boy here we go again. FIRST OF ALL get all your information from SDA church sources.

Second of all, it has been said over and over in here that SDAs dont believe ANYBODY has the Mark of the Beast at this time.

This is an entirely different topic. and Im sure not going to wade through that mass of stuff.

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

It is just as I said, those who are ignorant are not condemned. and in fact, no one has the Mark of the Beast as of yet. And Im sorry but I make no apologies for the fact that the book of Revelation plainly says that God's people in contrast to those who receive the Mark of the Beast, will be "they that keep the Commandments OF GOD" Rv. 14:6-12 (as opposed to those who keep the Commandments OF MAN) namely the Sabbath command that was changed by the Catholic Church to Sunday. and Yep, you're going to be in trouble when this time arrives if you are still choosing to ignore the WORD OF GOD:

"No one has yet received the mark of the beast. The testing time has not yet come. There are true Christians in every church, not excepting theRoman Catholic communion. None are condemned until they have had the light and have seen the obligation of the fourth commandment. But when the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, the line will be clearly drawn between the false and the true. Then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast" {Mar 211.4}, EG White

(verse 7 is quoting right out of the 4th commandment, the Sabbath commandment and the Catholic church freely and proudly admits to having changed the Sabbath to Sunday
    2Thes:2:4: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.)

Revelation 14:

6: And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    7: Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    8: And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
    9: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
    10: The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
    11: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
    12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Question.-Have you any other way of proving that the church has power to institute festivals of precept?"
    "Answer.-Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her,-she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority."-Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism, p. 174.

"In reply to a letter of October 28, 1895, to Cardinal Gibbons, asking if the church claimed the change of the Sabbath as her mark, the following was received: 'Of course the Catholic church claims that the change was her act .... And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.'-C.F. Thomas, Chancellor."

"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws. " Daniel 7.25.

"The pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ."-Decretal de Translat, Episcop. Cap.

#326 Claudia_T, Jan 2, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2007
  7. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Would it be OK then if I started another thread? I asked the question to you and Bob because you are SDA's and I wanted to know the SDA view on this topic. For the record, I've already read up on the subject, but I wanted to know what an actual SDA had to say.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes it would be a good idea. This thread has gone way past 30 pages and thus will be closed. So please feel free to start any thread on any of the related topics which were brought up on this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.