1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Seventh Day Adventists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rebel, Mar 2, 2015.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Almost all of that is false - (except that we are Arminian and not Calvinist - but apparently you were never informed about what the Arminian position is)

It is more interesting when people post something that we actually believe to complain about.

Making stuff up then complaining about the stuff you made up is a game "for one". Or are you just trying to improve your creative writing skills??

in Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are not wrong -- sir.

Well said.

Our view of the Bible statements on Atonement - includes the "Day of Atonement" that God describes in Lev 16 - where we find the work of CHRIST - both in the "Lamb of God" (The "Lord's Goat" - the "Sin offering" of Lev 16) and also the work of Christ as High Priest (also affirmed by Paul in Heb 8:1).

BOTH of Christ's works for us -- as sin offering AND as High Priest - are included in the Bible concept of Atonement.

So that as the NIV said in 1John 2:2 - on the cross Christ completed the "Atoning Sacrifice" the blood sacrifice - that provides payment for sin "For OUR sins and NOT for OUR sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" - 1John 2:2 NIV

Which is the Arminian POV affirmed in the Bible.

But the WHOLE WORLD is not saved because each person must personally embrace Christ and benefit from His work as our High Priest as we find in Heb 8, 9 and 10 - or they do not benefit from that completed "Atoning Sacrifice" at the cross.

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your first statement is true - because there is no Bible support for it.

The rest is just wrong.

in Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

And thus we have the sad fiction that Biblicist seems to prefer

Agreed - Biblicists model is hard to find in the actual Bible.

Christ is the one making the point to the Sadducees that WITHOUT the future resurrection you cannot have God saying to Moses "I AM the God of Abraham".

Hint: Christ is PROVING the resurrection "OF THE DEAD" -- "But regarding the resurrection OF THE DEAD - Have you not read what God said to Moses"

in Christ,

Bob

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

You choose to post in form of "so much Bible to be ignored -- so little time" -- why not make some insightful comment about the scriptures posted "instead"??

in Christ,

Bob

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    on this thread #1 we have the Seventh-day Adventist church growing by leaps and bounds in these last days. And the current thread we questions asked about specific doctrines of the SDA church.

The less "insightful" the more circle-the-wagons-and-deny-all that comprise the challenge to those doctrines - the more it "helps explain" why the SDA church is growing so fast.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm not accustomed to this kind of reasoning from you ...

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So much focus on the RCC lately - still this is a good thread by Rebel

9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me neither... You know there are more denomination that you can shake a stick at... Many will say well that is a false religion... Is that the Christian business to point them out? We are told to follow Christ! As our understanding allows us that's what we do. We read, we study and we follow Christ as Christ has enabled us by the enlightenment we have. One brother or one sister may not believe the way I do and you know what that's ok. We always try to build ourselves up by tearing something or someone else down. The Pharisee and the Publican are a good example. Who went down to his house justified? The one who asked for mercy because of his condition, which is the condition of all men. For ALL men have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Be careful when you point the finger as the finger you point always points back to you. I know I've been guilty of the same. I have been traveling on this road with my God for over 50 years and during that time I have learned that Gods children are everywhere. Worshipping The Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ according to the dictates and understanding of their hearts. There are many enemies to the Gospel of Jesus Christ but be careful because they are still loved by the Father and are his children!... Brother Glen:godisgood:

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My reason vacated. Or has it gone on a sabbatical?

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't hear much about the Anglican church so I was surprised that they were ranked above the "Assemblies of God" in that Christianity Today article.

So the Anglican church is listed as number 3 on that list but apparently not for their adherents in England.

And then there is

13. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

The Anglican Communion is being torn apart by the gay marriage/gay ordination issue. Do a search on "Anglican realignment".

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks for the reminder. I think the Presbyterian church (one of the divisions of it) is headed down that same road.

as for Anglicans

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is FAR more then that though, as the SDA does hold through the teaching of their false prophetess that NONE have the assurance of keeping eternal life, as we all have to stand before god and be judged as to just how much of the SDA doctrines we supported, especially keeping the Sabbath day!

salavtion by works, palin and simple!

And the SDA just has to come clean and renounce their false prophetess and all of her false doctrines in order to reallyu be a legit church, just as the gardner ted Armstrong church refuting their founder!

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    oh and did I mention that we are Arminian.

So also was Wesley.

OSAS is false doctrine.

Matt 18 proves it with forgiveness revoked.

Romans 11 proves it with "you should FEAR for if He did not spare them neither will He spare you"

All the "persevere" texts prove it in terms of their warnings against falling.

That is old news.

The emotional baggage you use to make your point is not at all compelling. It would far more mature and effective if you were to rely more on actual facts, compelling logic than to constantly resort to emotionalism and name-calling.

This may "seem" like a shocking idea to you at first - but trust me it is a far better method of communication, debate or whatever it is you would like to think of threads like this.

in Christ,

Bob

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Arguing with Arminians is like arguing with atheists. It is never of any worth or avail. Both have their own opinion of their own cause and of their own selves cast in steel enforced concrete.
    It's like arguing with a Catholic over transubstantiation or baptismal regeneration

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the SDA denies that we are saved eternally, that we can be secure in our salbation, and heed the false teachings of a false prophetess...

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am pleased you are willing to respond to Matt 18 and Romans 11 as if they are "SDA".

in Christ,

Bob

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NEITHER passage supports the "truth" though of a real Christian losing eternal life, as Jesus promised that NONE he saved would ever get lost again!

Why does the SDA believe that their prophetess was right on this, and jesus was wrong?