1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Several errors in inspired KJV?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Paul33, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris L.

Chris L. New Member

Yes, I know. I was kicked off one myself. I agree with you and I thought about that problem after I made my post. Most forums will tell you that their postion is not up for debate (what are they afraid of?) and that it is only for militant KJVO IFB's (preaching to the choir). Here is a link to an IFB forum that allows debating the KJVO issue: http://www.baptisttimes.com/

There isn't a whole lot of traffic though, although the Bible version issue as always is a hot topic, and you have to log in each time before you can see any of the topics, which is troublesome.

Here is a link to a web page: http://http://av1611.com/kjbp/

The editor here seems reasonable and decent (read his article criticizing legalism in the news section, one of the best I've read, and he's right on the money) and he actually has a brain (He's the creator of the Swordsearcher Bible software). Although there is no forum that I'm aware of, he seems to welcome contacting him so mabye he can attempt to provide answers for Paul33, or give him some links. This is probably the best KJVO webpage on the internet.

If you want, you could fool some KJVO forum into thinking your KJVO, and are just looking for help with answers to some "hard questions" someone challenged you with. You wouldn't be able to keep it up for long, but you or Paul33 could get your jollies at the expense of their ignorance.

I hope you wouldn't do that though.:smilewinkgrin:

#61 Chris L., Aug 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2006
  2. Chris L.

Chris L. New Member

#62 Chris L., Aug 20, 2006
  3. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Not a bad article - if you're one of those poor souls duped by the KJVO myth. Otherwise, the article makes absolutely no sense at all. When I came to the statement "Ahaziah, a king of Judah, was 42 years old in the kingdom of Omri and Ahab, wicked kings of Israel, his maternal family, though only 22 years old biologically" I nearly rolled out of my chair laughing. The "reasoning" that led to this conclusion was beyond the realms of sanity. And when the writer of the article, who must have been ashamed of the article since he or she didn't even take credit for it, said "He (God) exposed the liars that worship the 'originals' but change them whenever they wish!" I nearly rolled out of my chair again! This hogwash is just more of the deliberate false witnesses spread by those who push the KJVO myth. They will go to any lengths with their deliberate untruths and misrepresentations to show "proof" that the myth is really the truth. If you haven't looked at the article yet, you're wasting your time unless you believe the KJVO myth. If you have been duped into believing the KJVO myth, then you will probably believe the deliberate falsehoods put forward in this laughable article. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would have to rate this article a -20 for truthfulness and credibility. It is sad that believers in the KJVO myth can't just admit that the KJV does have some errors rather than going into enough spin to make themselves dizzy. Those who even refer to such nonsense actually do more to damage their own case (as well as their credibility) than those who don't refer to garbage like this article.

#63 Keith M, Aug 20, 2006
  4. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Paul, there are several on this board who will accuse others of being unbelievers or doubting and defaming God's word simply because they do not agree with certain ideas. We must keep in mind that, in most cases, these false accusations are actually a reflection of the state of the one making the accusations, and not of the one being accused.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And since we have descended to discussing other posters (on both sides) this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.