1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sexual Sin

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Jan 17, 2006.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey fellas,

I have posted this topic in the private men's forum. I would appreciate feedback.

Thanks.

2. bgoc bryan

bgoc bryan New Member

what is any sex except with my wife? Alex

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

1 Cor. 6:18, "Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body."

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I think its an important topic. Just b/c we dont discuss it, that doesnt keep it from being a real issue.

I read in a book where a group was surveryed at a women's conference, and the resultes were that 99 percent of women :eek: (yes women) have been attracted to someone other than their spouse. These were Christian women, many in the ministry. Thats not saying that they acted on those feelings.

As for the OP, I am not sure wchich way the discussion is intended to go, lol.

5. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know it is sin. What I asked really was not appropriate in here IMO.

However, I guess a portion of it may be:

Besides Hebrews 4:15, where do you think Jesus was ever tempted in this type of way? Why don't you think it was ever mentioned specifically so we could all learn from this horrible wicked sin?

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If Jesus was fully human, Jesus was tempted just as any other human was (we know that he was tempted directly by Satan on at least one occaision). The difference between Jesus and the rest of us is that Jesus never giave in to temptations.

Now, as far as us, we must acknowlege one thing: Every adult is uilty of sexual sins. Even if we remained pure until marriage, every one of us has lusted after others on at least one occaision, and Jesus calls that adultery.

So what do we do? Do we blame others for our adultery, citing what they wore, how they walked, that men "just can't controll themselves", or the numerous other excuses we often hear, and sometimes use? Or do we simply acknowlege our sin, learn from it, and endeavor ourselves to refrain from it in the future? I myself will do the latter. Unfortunately, too many do the former.

7. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

AF Guy,
    My bad, I didnt realize you were just asking guys to go to the private forum to discuss this. Sorry!

8. bgoc bryan

bgoc bryan New Member

Af guy sorry about the wise acer post. I could be wrong but this should be a safe place to discuss the issue. I know I can talk more openly in my mens class about this than in our newly married SS class. This may be a good place to talk about some sexual issues. I have learned men and women are so different in this area. It may be helpful for all of us to see some of the other side and still feel safe

9. rlbcompany

rlbcompany New Member

How does one get a password to enter the private men's forum?

10. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The other 1% were probably lying. Being Christian and married doesn't mean that other people of the opposite sex are not attractive anymore and there is no sin in finding them attractive. Lust and acting on lust are sins.

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

You have to have a certain # of posts (for women's forum it is 100) then you ask the mod of that forum and they give it to you.

12. RayMarshall19

RayMarshall19 New Member

The other 1% were probably lying. Being Christian and married doesn't mean that other people of the opposite sex are not attractive anymore and there is no sin in finding them attractive. Lust and acting on lust are sins. </font>[/QUOTE]What is your definition of "lust"?

13. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The other 1% were probably lying. Being Christian and married doesn't mean that other people of the opposite sex are not attractive anymore and there is no sin in finding them attractive. Lust and acting on lust are sins. </font>[/QUOTE]What is your definition of "lust"? </font>[/QUOTE]Having sexual thoughts about someone. Someone can be attractive to me and I can still have no sexual thoughts whatsoever about them. I acknowledge that many models and actresses on television are attractive. Many of my co-workers and people around me of the opposite sex are attractive. Does that mean I lust after them and have sexual thoughts about them? Maybe in a moment of weakness which would then be lust, but usually not which wouldn't be lust.

14. rlbcompany

rlbcompany New Member

You have to have a certain # of posts (for women's forum it is 100) then you ask the mod of that forum and they give it to you. </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you.

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's not lust per se. Lust (in the context of sexuality) is unrestrained and/or inappropriate sexual thoughts. Emphasis on unrestrained and/or inappropriate. It should be noted, however, that lust is not automatically a sin. It's only a sin when it's inappropriate. I lust after my wife frequently, and it's no sin [​IMG] . Okay, perhaps that was TMI, but I think it makes the point.

However, I agree with your contention of there being a huge difference between acknowleging physical/sexual attractiveness, and having lustful thoughts. We're called to be retrained, not blind.

Of note: There are some who can't look at a person of the opposite sex without having lustful thoughts enter their heads. There are others who are so disciplined that if a nude person were to stand right in front of them, they still would not entertain a single lustful thought. I ask, which among those is more spiritually disciplied, and which of those is being more worldly?

16. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's not lust per se. Lust (in the context of sexuality) is unrestrained and/or inappropriate sexual thoughts. Emphasis on unrestrained and/or inappropriate. It should be noted, however, that lust is not automatically a sin. It's only a sin when it's inappropriate. I lust after my wife frequently, and it's no sin [​IMG] . Okay, perhaps that was TMI, but I think it makes the point.</font>[/QUOTE]I assumed that was a given that appropriate lust (after one's spouse) is not a sin but thanks for the clarification. [​IMG]

17. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Is it uncommon for guys it be attracted to someone but not lustful? Or can the two be seperated normally?

18. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is probably less common for men than women.

Thinking back to the women I've found attractive in my two years of married life, I would say it is common and normal for me to find them attractive without lustful thoughts. I also consider myself far from perfect in this regard and must constantly be careful with my thought-life.

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It is not unusual for anyone, male or female, to recognize physical/sexual attractiveness of another person. I guess you could call that being physically attracted. But the connotation sounds worse than it actually is. Krispy Kreme doughnuts have a physical attraction for me, but thanks to a new year's resolution, I stay away from them, at least for 6 more pounds [​IMG] .
    Yes, absolutely. Physical attraction and reacting to physical attraction are two different things.

You cannot deny the fact that birds will fly over your head. But you have complete control over them building a nest in your hair. To deny that they fly over your head may result in them nesting in your hair more quickly.

20. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

LOL, good analogy. I know for women, its more of an emotional thing anyway, just wondered how it was for the male species. THanks.