1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shame on Obama!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 9, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Carpro gets a perverse pleasure out of getting people riled up like a troll. There are a lot of nice conservatives like Rbell, Targus, and yourself on here. Carpro chooses to spread hate and vitriol. At this point, I've stopped being mad at him. He's on my prayer list and I pray that God will change his heart and do a radical work of transformation in his life.

You should also pray for Carpro. :praying:

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does That Make It Right???

Shouldn't we expect more of a sitting POTUS, especially one who says they are a Christian?

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are interested in comparing presidents, listen to the profane language in some of the Nixon and Johnson tapes.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Nixon Cursed??? Say it ain't so!

5. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Why? Are they magic?

Most, if not all of the recent presidents have claimed they were Christians, but most found a way to malign that claim.

And their language has nothing to do with it. Dropping the F-bomb, well, we're overreacting. I'll take rough language over another Monica-like episode.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I thought the same when I saw the video of GWB flipping off the camera...but not defending Obama or claiming he is a christian, we are all flesh and even chrisitians will stumble.

7. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

To be fair, I believe that was a long, long time before he was president, and in that context, I can see how it would be amusing. He was just sitting there waiting for filming to begin and was probably sharing a laugh with some other good ol' boys from down here in Tejas.

Bush did a few other things that did not reflect well on a Christian commitment when he was in office though, don't you think.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He did. The most heinous was stating muslims worship the god of the Bible and the comment about finding our own way to the "almighty".

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm curious. What god do you believe they worship considering that:

The trace themselves back to Abraham.
    The accept the OT as inspired
    They believe that Jesus was a great prophet second only go Mohammad
    The word "Allah" is Arabic for god.

Granted they have an extremely mistaken understanding of God and that is very sad indeed.

10. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Or maybe it was leading the country into a premature military action that has resulted in massive loss of life. Ever look at the estimated totals of middle-east natives killed because of it? They are staggering numbers. It's very hard to take.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe they worship a false god according to Scripture.

12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand, but that is not quite what I am asking. It is a false god or a false understanding of God? You might argue that the two are one and the same. But for the sake of discussion let's say they are not the same.

Wikipedia puts it this way, and it is primarily the same as I have been told by several Moslems:

One big mistake, as I see it, is they reject the divinity of Jesus. In fact, I believe much, if not all, of their theology is very flawed. They reduce him to the role of a great prophet. I have not been able to figure how they consider him the Messiah and also reject his divinity. Maybe someone can help me here.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If they reject the divinity of Jesus, they reject the true God. That makes them worshipers of a false god they have erected in their minds regardless of which line they attribute him to.

A false understanding of God would be the calvinist v. arminian debate.

Might be better to make this a separate thread...good conversation!

14. billwald

billwald New Member

>Shouldn't we expect more of a sitting POTUS, especially one who says they are a Christian?

The Idea behind the Constitution and the Electoral College was that we may have been born as equals before the law but we were not born equals in smarts and morals. The idea was that we elected people the state level who were smarter and more wise to the ways of the world than we are. We elect people who are more qualified than we are and trust THEM to decide who the best choice for president is.

Nowadays American voters are better than equal. Every American now thinks he is smarter than every other American and especially smarter than the English, Chinese, Indian, African . . . people. The result is that now we elect "Good Old Boys" and girls whom we can laugh at. Your real complaint is that the wrong good old boy got elected.

What is the big difference between Afghan people and modern Americans? Afghan people don't care whom they kill while Americans don't care at whom they laugh.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you say. :rolleyes:

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Another favorite Carpro tactic!

17. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

No joke. Maybe's he's revmitchell.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

Um...rbell paging BaptistBoard:

When anyone figures out what the heck billwald is talking about, could someone let me know?

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Does anyone know why he was banned?

20. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I think it was because he called somebody a horrific name on a thread. It was about time for him, in my opinion.