1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sharing the Gospel

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by mcgyver, Apr 29, 2005.

1. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

Hi Guys (and Gals!)

I've got a question:

What method do you personally favor as a Gospel presentation, and in what method do you train your people to evangelize?

For example...Do you use the Romans road, FAITH, the Net, Evangelism Explosion....Or have you another method?

In our fellowship, I've found that the people are anxious and willing to share the gospel (praise be to God [​IMG] ), but they don't know how to do so in an orderly manner.....

We are currently working on the Romans road, but I'd like some input as to other methods and their success at your church.

2. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

then i will make a few suggestions, first the success of the gospel is assured and no matter how anxious or how much obedience and sincerity you can muster your people to do, it will not cause anyone to miss or gain salvation during a presentation of the gospel. it is not form or eloquence that can convict or coax a person to believe but it is the power of Gods Word.

just preach Christ crucified and let God draw and save His sheep.

and one more thing never give anyone false assurance because they followed a prescribed prayer or was directed through the romans road. let their faith stand in Christ only.

same with an altar call. tell all those who walked up in front of the church that the event itself did nothing. but they must trust only in Christ.

3. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

I agree with what you have said....

Our people are anxious to share the gospel, to see their friends and neighbors saved!

The problem then is not with desire, but simply in the articulation as to what they believe.

Simply put...How to share.

I am looking for input that will help me in coaching them, if you will, as to how to present the gospel in a manner that is both comfortable for them to use, and clear in the presentation.

I figure that I'm not the only one with (good) ideas...there is a lot of experience here and I'm hoping to tap into it......

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I have looked through and studied many of them. However the one I prefer the most is Share Jesus Without Fear.

5. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

Hi PastorSBC

Haven't run into that one...I'll check it out.

Thanks

6. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I believe the best wittness is your own life. Let people see the joy of Christ in you, and give Christ credit where it is due if people ask you about it. Let people see the love of Christ through you. Stand firm on the principles of Christ, but do so with love and joy.
    When people see Christ in you, they will ask, and then, you can show them the truth of His gospel.

I have studied and used about a dozen various formats for wittnessing, but the most effective one I've found is, once someone gets to the point of wanting to know why I am happy or why I read my bible or if I really believe in "that stuff", I show them the words of Christ Himself - and ask them how you cannot love Christ.

7. loving2daysyouth

loving2daysyouth New Member

I'm sorry, but this "Lifestyle Evangelism" does not work. No one ever gets saved because they have noticed that you don't cuss or something.

That is a sorry excuse for not witnessing. Testimony is very important to maintain, but is not a viable means of evangelism.

8. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Loving2daysyouth,

First - Your post is very hateful. Second, I have been wittnessing for Christ for over 40 years. I've gone door-to-door to strangers, I've gone to homeless shelters, I've gone to coworkers, relatives, and total strangers. There is never an excuse not to witness, but - if your life reflects hate, bitterness, and rudeness you are not going to be an effective wittness for Christ. Christ is not bitter and hateful, and neither should his disciples be.

Also, the admonishion to be a living wittness, by your life, is from Christ Himself. He often told people to behave in a way that would not turn the world from God.

I never said testimony wasn't necessary. In fact, if you read my post again, you will see I said, "When people see Christ in you, they will ask."

I know this for a fact, because when I first began wittnessing to others, that is what first happened.

First person I helped introduce to Christ was a friend who noticed a change in me, they wanted to know what I'd found that they hadn't. So I told them.

Later in life, a Mormon came to me and said, "I thought I knew God, but.. there is something about you and your sister - a joy, a love.. that I haven't seen anywhere else. Tell me what you know that I don't."

Another time a man came to me and said, "Tell me about your God. There is this guy at work who is always telling everyone how they are going to hell, but I see you and your friends, and you all talk about God all the time, but you aren't mean and hateful about it. Your God makes you happy, and I don't know, just nicer. I figure if someone is going to worship God, they should worship the one that doesn't make you all mean and hateful."

I forgive you for your rude words to me.

9. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Check out "The Way of The Master" (Link) and see what you think.

10. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I've seen Kirk do the Bible Man series. In our city he used the program to bring an entire football statdium full of children, mostly unsaved, to hear the word of the lord.

11. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

I'm not familiar with the Bible Man series. I'm totally sold on The Way of The Master though. It's been a tremendous help to me in learning how to witness.

12. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

The Bible Man is a bit campy, but it reached the kids. The basic program is a child going through the temptations of life, and the "hero" is a man who shows up, and uses scripture and the word of God to help the kid who is being tempted overcome the temptations or problems he is facing. Then an evangelical message regarding who Christ is, what He did for us, and how we can come to know Christ personally is given.

13. yabba

yabba New Member

I second this one.