1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sharpton's Demands

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by dh1948, Jul 4, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, so the guy had 5 big albums. But let's face it...he probably was mentally ill, he didn't have a normal adult relationship anywhere, he was profoundly weird, more than a bit creepy, was a horrible judge of character, and at the very least suffered from gosh-awful decision-making with regards to children...or at the worst, was a pedophile.

Those first two reasons I listed...especially the first...make me have more pity for him than I might otherwise...but I see little of a life to celebrate. "What might have been," maybe a bit. But these people who are all crazy with grief need to get a hobby...or a job.

"other" seems to fit his description well...race, gender, sexual preference, social norms...yep, Mike was an "other." :thumbsup:

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ok. I'll be serious.

The ambulance attendants were overheard telling nurses at the ER that despite their efforts, Michael Jackson's color never did return to him.

:laugh::laugh:

My bad.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Introducing the MJ postage stamp:

[​IMG]

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

I can't take credit for this...

[​IMG]

There's a website about Michael Jackon's various appearances...including "Judy Jetson," "the Joker," "Sigourney weaver in 'Ghostbusters," etc.

But the "Ari" look is spot on.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This is to far.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

All that may be true though he was acquitted or never found guilty for the pedophile part. My point, how many funerals have you attended where they only spoke of your faults? That is not a Christian way to remember the dead and his eternal fate is now in the hands of our creator, the righteous judge.

I believe as Christians we should let the dead bury the dead (let the world do what the world does) and we keep our focus on the kingdom.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Now that was funny... Morbid but funny... I guess we share a sense of humor. :thumbsup:

8. Petrabilt

Petrabilt New Member

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Try and keep up. I'm talking about the 24/7 Michael lovefest on TV. And my speaking out the priorities of the world is a kingdom effort. Did Jesus not use contemporary examples to teach kingdom truths?

I think you're disagreeing with me simply because you see my posts and feel you must.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The righteousness of God is as much a part of the Kingdom of God as anything else. I know libbies do not like to face that fact.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The acceptance of sinners is just as much a part of the Kingdom of God as anything else. I know the self-righteous don't like facing that fact.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Didn't realize this was a parable....

13. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you make an interesting point. I believe that there will be alot of similarities to Jackson's death & Elvis Presley's death. I have always heard rumors of Presley being alive or abducted by UFOs. There's alot of Elvis impersonators. I have to wonder if there are going to be numerous Jackson impersonators too. Impersonating remodled nose & his dance moves would be kind of hard to do.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I also think Sharpton is crazy. There's no reason to have a national day of mourning for a celebrity. In my book we are all human & celebrities are no different & no better than us common folk. They have to answer to God just like everyone else. Jackson was an extremely talented individual who made some bad choices in his life. He was also abused as a child by his dad. That doesn't mean people should go soft on him because of that. I just think that his abuse led him to make the wrong decisions. He still has to be accountable for those decisions though.

#33 BigBossman, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2009
  14. Songbird

Songbird New Member

If they make a stamp will be called the "never" stamp...since he never wanted to grow up...named his home "Neverland"...

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

:applause: Touche, LB!

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one has ever on this board said not to accept them. But the liberal gospel distorts a clear view of God when they have little to no concern for who God is and our responsibility to live Holy Lives and to present the righteousness of God and maintain those standards in the church. The minute righteousness is brought up it brings offense even to some in the church.