1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should a Christian arrend a homosexual marriage

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Oct 7, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. I just saw that Zaac and I made the exact same point.

:type:I need to rethink my position . . . :tongue3:

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why Arron...."whatever do you mean"?

I was going to get kinda disruptive but the legalistic would scream to high heavens.:smilewinkgrin: I must be a reprobate!:thumbs:

Oh, you know who you are :D

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did he also participate in homosexual activities?

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We encourage our people to not attend these things.

It is not the same as Jesus dining with sinners. I will happily eat a meal with another who is homosexual. If we don't understand the difference between dinner and a wedding, we're in trouble.

Attending a wedding is condoning the life choice and the practice. It is not the way of Christ.

Also, how is it different if we change the question: if you were licensed and ordained, would you officiate a wedding of a homosexual couple?

There is, ultimately, no difference in the answer here.

Yes. All homosexual weddings demonstrate homosexual behavior. The kiss being one example. There are others as well.

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And this is the true cost. Not just some kind of loose internet topic, but this is the true cost.

We will be called all sorts of things and lose relationships. This is one of the challenges of the way of Christ.

The one thing that parents, like you, and others have to rest on is that an army of saints stands with you on this day of separation. There is a cost to following Christ. Sometimes it is a high cost. Its rewards, though, are higher.

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would go if invited.

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't skip my daughters wedding either.

8. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Generally speaking, I wouldn't go to one just for some random person that I happened to know mostly out of admittedly being homophobic, but personally I think it takes a particularly awful person to not to go your own daughter's wedding. So much for unconditional love.

9. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Matthew 10:35:thumbsup: You can support her and show her you love her in many other ways, but to support her in this is act of rebellion against God is something no principled Christian should do.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saying that one would not miss their child's wedding even when it is a homosexual wedding is in fact saying that wedding is equal to a normal wedding and just as important.

When we say that a homosexual wedding is equal to a normal wedding and just as important then we give credibility to the so called marriage as being equal and as it should be.

Sad.

11. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What wouldn't you do if you were invited:tonofbricks:

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As we're seeing, opinions are splitting down the middle.

Prayers for you.

13. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is in fact just as important in her eyes, but even if it wasn't, the levels of important-ness shouldn't be part of the equation. A soccer game that your daughter is playing in is less important than a marriage in the grand scheme of things, but if it's important to her and you don't have a real good excuse to not be there, you best be there cheering her on. You don't say it's less important than the playoffs so I'm refusing to go. Perhaps your idea of refusal to attend due to being "less important" should be rethought.

#33 corndogggy, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Confusion abounds when men's opinions enter the picture. Neither God nor His word offers confusion.

Love your daughter and let her know that you unconditionally love her as you were first loved.

But DO NOT be a part of the enemy's scheme to author confusion about what is /isn't a marriage.

God can handle the homosexuality as He has with so many in the past. But we as Christians are called to carry the banner of Christ and the truth of His word.

There is NO SUCH THING as a homosexual marriage and we shouldn't let the enemy confuse people into thinking there is.

I personally would attend if they were unsaved and not calling it a marriage just to express to my daughter that I love her and will always pray God's best for her.

But if it was being said that it is a marriage ceremony, I'd have to stay home.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A soccer game is not open and defiant sin against God.

16. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then rethink your "less important" stance and call it something else, because that argument is full of holes.

17. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marriage was around WAY before our modern ideas about it in something like the 15th century started. The whole ceremony thing is a totally man made idea. When people make statements about what marriage should and shouldn't be, they typically have this modern man-made ceremony in mind yet act like that's how God endorses it. Well, not so much. Even between a hetero couple, it's a man-made ceremony and they get a man-made license from our man-made government. There's nowhere in the Bible that says this is how it ought to be.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm speaking to using the term MARRIAGE CEREMONY. God defined MARRIAGE in Genesis 2. As such, Christians should not be helping in the authoring of confusion about what is/is not a marriage.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't need to rethink anything. Your soccer analogy was full of holes. My point stands.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev,
    Maybe corndog would want us to go, and when the "preacher" asked "does anyone object" we both could stand up and say yes - and explain why!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.