1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should a Divorced Woman hold office in a church?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

The advice you listed is what she received, and she stayed in the marriage. After another year of this destructive environment, the mental abuse became physical, and she was severely beaten.

I Corinthians 7:15

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

[I changed my mind about this question: it was not really on topic.]

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Apparently you have not dealt with too many victims. In one pastorate I saw them almost weekly. One lady I remember well. She was beaten so badly that her arm was broken one inch below the ball and sockert joint in her arm. She was black and blue. The D. A. showed me some pictures of her and I could hardly recognize her.

I know of another lady who was molested when she was a child in junior high. Eventually she reported her dad and he is now serving time in jail. Pray for him and read the word!!! When the home is a war zone it is time to take out the weapons against the enemy. Those are the weapons of peace. That is the reason for authority. Scripture talks about submitting to authority. When one does not submit to God's authority willingly then he will do it forcefully to a police officer and court.

One of my relatives is a retired police officer and saw spousal abuse regularly. He told me it was always the most dangerous situation for him. He also told me that it is highly unlikely that a man who abuses his wife would ever do the same thing to a man. For the most part he is a coward.

Sometime pay a visit to a woman's shelter and hear their stories.

The story you gave would be considerd child abuse by a district attorney I know if children are involved.

[ September 12, 2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: gb93433 ]