1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

should baptist explain their doctrine?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by massdak, Jan 19, 2004.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

with so many kinds of baptist and so many doctrines in order for one to know which church that preached the gospel according to their belief,then should baptist churches add to their name? instead of just baptist. i know some do like free will baptist and some say reformed baptist or southern baptist. put most churches will just say something like grace baptist church or first baptist and so forth. but i would like to see a better name to show where they stand. it could categorize the names to show doctrine beliefs more clearly, any suggestions? one example could say free will baptist church L or free will baptist church C. or faith alone baptist church R.

L means liberal
    C means conservative
    R means reformed
    CR would be reformed conservative
    LR would be an oxymoron

2. Russ Kelly

Russ Kelly New Member

In a way, I agree. Bur, again, there would be so many letters in front of the church that it would scare people away. There could be D: for Dispensational: PT: for pre-trib; MT: for mid-trib; PST: for post trib; AM: for amillenial; 7D: for Sabbath-keeping; CV: for Calvinistiic. Me thinks they would go to a Methodist or Presbyterian -- anywhere else. I would like to at least know which seminaries the pastors graduated from.

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Mar 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and [his] disciples rebuked those that brought [them].

Mar 10:14 But when Jesus saw [it], he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

4. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Mar 10:13 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and [his] disciples rebuked those that brought [them].

Mar 10:14 But when Jesus saw [it], he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Mar 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Do you think a child understands complicated theology?