1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Baptists Know How to Cast Out DEMONS?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ROBERTGUWAPO, Sep 23, 2005.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

If I may add one more thing for to think about.
    If you don't know what your doing take heed. In the book of Acts 19:13-16 it speaks of the the 7 sons of Sceva a Jew and a chief of the priests. They didn't know what they were doing and the way it reads it gives the reader the idea that neither were they saved.

Acts 19:13-16
    13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. 14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. 15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? 16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

2. CYBERDOVE

CYBERDOVE New Member

SAMPLE thx-----and this guy also said that saved people can also be possessed and need deliverance. :eek: -----RobertG---I too see the advertsement---"love spells" is one---the other is love "spells guarenteed"---they are on the 1st. page --advertisement banner!!!--------p.s. I do not believe that THE HOLY SPIRIT and an unclean spirit can reside in the same temple.!! [​IMG]

3. music4Him

music4Him New Member

quote by CYBERDOVE:
    I do not believe that THE HOLY SPIRIT and an unclean spirit can reside in the same temple.!!
    Amen! [​IMG] Because who the Son sets free is free indeed!

4. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Cyberdove,

Ezekiel 8:16 "He then brought me to the INNER court of the house of the Lord, and there at the entrance to the temple, between the portico and the ALTAR, were about twenty-five men. With their backs toward the temple of the Lord..."

Ezekiel 8:10 "So I went in and looked, and I saw portrayed all over the walls all kinds of crawling things and detestable animals..."

Cyberdove, black magic was being practiced inside the Lord's old testament temple during Ezekiel's time. And, according to occult practitioners, wherever there is black magic, demons are present. The purpose of occult activities is almost always to summon the presence of evil entities.

However, demonic "invasion" of the Old Testament temple wasn't complete as occultic black magic (and the presence of demons) was limited to the space outside the Holy of Holies.

I would say--the old testament temple was "compartmentalized."

(Incoming! Kevlar helmet on! Type-4 bulletproof vest on!) :D

5. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

I guess it's time to open another thread, "Can disobedient/backsliding Christians be demonized?"

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I guess it's time to open another thread, "Can disobedient/backsliding Christians be demonized?"
    If they are disobedient/backsliding all the time it would make one wonder about or question them being a Christian........wouldn't it? You can generally tell who are really wanting to change as to the ones who don't.
    2Tim. 3:5 - Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    But you are right that is another topic. And there are some who would argue both sides of that, because it was in the "All Christians Debate" fourms at one time. All I know is that we serve an Awesome God!
    God bless~
    Music4Him

7. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

People have different spiritual gifts.
    This one falls into a category that Christ commanded his disciples to follow.
    While I think it is dangerous, and something that should be handled with partners, and something that should be handled carefully, I think it still happens, and I think it is sinful to declare parts of the new testament, "No longer important."

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out, charging them, "Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And preach as you go, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying, give without pay.

Mark 6:12 So they went out and preached that men should repent. 13 And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many that were sick and healed them.

Mark 9:38 John said to him, "Teacher, we saw a man casting out demons in your name, and we forbade him, because he was not following us." 39 But Jesus said, "Do not forbid him; for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon after to speak evil of me. 40 For he that is not against us is for us. 41 For truly, I say to you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you bear the name of Christ, will by no means lose his reward.

Luke 9:49 John answered, "Master, we saw a man casting out demons in your name, and we forbade him, because he does not follow with us." 50 But Jesus said to him, "Do not forbid him; for he that is not against you is for you."

Mark 16:17 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover." 19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.

8. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Regarding Ezekiel 8 - If you read just a few verses further you will discover that God is no longer dwelling in the temple. So the comments that demons will not dwell where God is present stands.

Ezekiel 8:6 "And he said to me, "Son of man, do you see what they are doing, the gread abominations that the house of Israel are committing here to drive me far from my sanctuary?

9. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

TexasSky,

The Lord was still inside the temple when He was giving Ezekiel a "field trip" on how black magic was being practiced there. Even if the glory of the Lord departed in chapter 10, beforehand the Lord and evil Satanism "coexisted" for a time because there was compartmentalization.

Robert

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Whew, I was thinking it, but too chicken to actually say it [​IMG]

Amen!!! Preach it!!!!!

11. CYBERDOVE

CYBERDOVE New Member

I guess it is time for a new thread. However my body was created by GOD for HIM, the Temple was built by man for GOD! My GOD will cast out an unclean spirit from the HIS temple [ my body ] for HIS use. Did not GOD cast satan and his fallen angels out of Heaven? GOD refused to allow satan and his followers to reside in Heaven with HIM. And btw, CHRIST came, HE saw, HE died and is RISEN since the time of Ezekiel there is a NEW KING in town. PRAISE THE LORD !!!!! [​IMG] ------ p.s. I think that it is possible that these back sliden -christians who are possessed might never have been saved at all.-----p.p.s-------oops by bad I see another thread has been opened, maybe someone can move this comment to the new one, sorry. Well I am off to work, see ya late----

12. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Cyberdove,

The temple was built for God under God's instructions. You mean to tell me that God's ability to expel an evil spirit depends on whether the temple he is residing in, is man-made or not?

What I am drawing here is a parallelism, God's temple can be defiled/invaded whether in the old or in the new testament.

My question is--is not the Holy Spirit exposed to the same kind of evil when a Christian has illicit or homosexual relations with another party? The point here is whether God/Holy Spirit can be exposed directly to evil, right? :rolleyes:

13. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Cyberdove,

What you meant by the above statement is that good and evil cannot coexist in a holy place like heaven, right?

Sorry, to rain on your parade, but Satan can visit heaven once in a while...

Job 1:6-7,"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and SATAN ALSO CAME AMONG WITH THEM. And the Lord said to Satan, 'From where do you come?' Then Satan answered the Lord and said, 'From roaming about ON THE EARTH and walking around ON IT."

So what was it again that you said about a holy place like heaven being "uninhabitable" to an evil Satan? [​IMG] :D [​IMG] :D

14. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Ooops, double post!

15. music4Him

music4Him New Member

No double post ~ROBERTGUWAPO ....it just bore repeating. :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. music4Him

music4Him New Member

But in a person who accepts Jesus as thier Savior.......They couln't have Jesus living in them and a demon.

17. CYBERDOVE

CYBERDOVE New Member

I too have read Job, and sees where it said that satan went to Heaven and spoke to GOD. The book of Job does not say that satan resides in Heaven, I still say that GOD would not allow it. And yes the HOLY SPIRIT can be directly exposed to evil--however I do not believe THE HOLY SPIRIT will allow an unclean spirit reside along with HIM in a saved person. We are told not to grieve the HOLY SPIRIT who has indwelt us. When I say THE HOLY SPIRIT can be directly exposed to evil, I mean by our ungodly thought and actions, not by an direct indwelling by a demon. [​IMG]

18. buckster75

buckster75 Member

Brother Ian,
    Please define "strong Christian"

19. buckster75

buckster75 Member

what about possesion of things like buildings?