1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Burma Be Invaded?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ktn4eg, May 17, 2008.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

In light of the Burmese government's placing severe restrictions on foreign nations' offers for aid and assistance to help the Burmese people recover from the vast devastation that the recent cyclone has wrought, there have been calls from various people for an invasion of Burma in order to get the much-needed help that these people so desparately need.

Those who would advocate an invasion of this nature tend to justify it by claiming that if the Burmese rulers won't act in order to help their own citizens deal with a catastrophe of this magnitude, then it's up the the so-called "family of nations" to intervene on the grounds of stopping such a "crime against humanity."

While I'm all in favor of helping those poor folks in Burma who are suffering so greatly, I personally think that invading their country in order to do so would set a very dangerous precendent.

What do you think?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you. :thumbs:

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I also agree.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Agree 100%. Anyone who wants to invade a third country can lead the charge. Those who have nothing to lose or no sacrifice to make are those always wanting to start a war.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Send private contractors like Black Water over to clear the way and make it safe for the international order to mount a full scale humanitarian mission. No need for any invasion. And we'll even borrow the money to pay for everything how's that sound?

#5 poncho, May 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2008
  6. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Agreed also................