1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Christians be Good Caretakers of God's Creation?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JustChristian, May 12, 2008.

?
  1. Yes. He charged us with being good stewards of His Creation.

37 vote(s)
    94.9%
  2. No. Just because God made everything doesn't require for us to preserve it.

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

The very words 'top priority' implies that we have other priorities also. We just need to keep them in perspective.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What do I have to say? What are the magic words? I've agreed that everything must be prioritized. I assume this means that we as Christians do need to be good caretakers of creation. Correct?

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about any magic words, BB, but maybe Chritians as a whole have distanced themselves from environmentalism to steer clear of the tree-hugging whacko mentality. I know whenever people start talking about "saving the planet" I automatically remember the woman who sat in a tree while it was cut down with her in it. I think of people who cry "murder" when I want to eat a hamburger, and I think of people who go live in the jungle with apes and monkeys because their compassion has overruled their common sense.

Maybe if we could see common sense applied to real life situations, these negative steriotype images would go away and more people would accept the idea of recycling or whatever your version of "environmentalism" is. Maybe you could define that for us?

I have to be honest, since we already know God is going to destroy this earth, I think our efforts to save it are futile and we should focus on saving souls, which are more important.

4. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

I voted 'yes' - it just seems both right biblically and logical.

The Earth will not be here forever but we should try and treat it well during our lives on it.

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted yes, too, and I agree with what you're saying. I guess it all depends on what one's definition of "treat well" is. For me, it means picking up my trash and conserving water and energy, like turning out the lights when I leave the room, or not letting the water run while I brush my teeth. Some folks define it differently, though, like not building a home on your own property because a certain type of rat or turtle might want to live there, too. See what I mean?

6. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Yes, I see what you mean. My post wasn't a direct reply to yours as I hadn't read yours prior to posting. Saving souls is more important, of course.

7. BaptistLady02

BaptistLady02 New Member

Yes, we are commanded to be good stewards of creation by God.