1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Christians be tattletales?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by abcgrad94, Nov 25, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Here is another example of stealing. If you are coming to the end of a fiscal year, and have not used all the money allocated to your department the previous year, and are told to use all the money in the next two weeks, whether needed or not, that is stealing from the American people, the taxpayer. So do not even give me that song and dance of honesty within the federal government.

#41 saturneptune, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

What are you even talking about? You are making arguments against something that's not even being talked about. No one is even talking about the federal government except you. We are talking about issues which we can report,and whether or not we should. In another thread you said I was out of touch. Reevaluate yourself and you'll see that you aren't even discussing the issues. That's out of touch.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Wrong again [juvenile attack snipped]. You insisted on making stealing a standard of this thread and telling on those who do it. All I am doing is calling you to account on the above practice. It goes on every year and every quarter in every department. In the Navy, once it involved throwing perfectly good supplies and equipment overboard into the ocean. It takes various forms in various departments.

By the way, since you make such an issue of sticking to the thread, why did you bring up stealing in the first place. What does that have to do with people who interact on a board such as this?

#43 saturneptune, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
  4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    big "yes". this is theft, of company resources and time.

no. enforcing their rules is the hotel's responsibility, but I'm sure not going to trust that person anymore. how can you trust somebody in bigger things, if you can't trust her with small ones ?

rat on him ? what, Christians supposed to like the rap "don't snitch" and agree with the bums and criminals that we ought to look the other way when laws are broken ? that is theft and last I looked, it was supposed to be a crime, and those who do this are criminals. lawbreakers. offenders, and it becomes a felony depending on how long the piggybacker had been hitching on somebody else's cable account.
    if we agree with this, then there's no reason not to look the other way when illegals come into the country, or when lazy people piggyback on the welfare system. we might as well be wearing our pants way down showing our undies with the seams triple folded around the shoes and our hats wrong side front and smirks on our faces and tough guy looks and gaits and ooze out attitude and flip the bird at the cops and everything that says authority and law and order.

#44 pinoybaptist, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
  5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For Pinoy, RD2, and others, I should clarify, my use of slang such as "rat" is not intended to be derogatory in the least. There are different terms like tattle, rat out, nark, etc. to describe the same action but I do not mean to imply that telling is always a bad thing. Not at all. As for the OP, the three scenarios I gave were all from experience. Of the three, here's what I did:

1. I did not tell on the first person who made the copies. I left that up to his conscience.

2. In the second scenario, I complained to the leadership of the group that I was allergic to cats and had paid money to come to the retreat. I didn't wish to ask the cat lover to reinburse me if I had to spend the weekend in the hospital. I was STRONGLY TEMPTED to tell on the woman for putting the cat in her motel room, because my allergy is so severe, had I unknowingly gotten a room that had even briefly housed a cat, there could have been horrible consequences. I do regret not telling the hotel management in this case.

3. The third scenario was when a newly saved friend thought he'd do us a favor and hook us up to free cable. We did not ask him to do this. I called the cable company and explained that we were getting free cable and they might want to disconnect it as we were not true customers. I did not tell the man's name as I didn't want him to lose his job. Instead, we explained to him that while we appreciated his "kindness" we felt guilty for getting free cable as it didn't seem honest, and had it disconnected. He was surprised, but not offended.

As for narking on BB, if I see profanity, yes, I report it.

6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Oh Christian Jim decided one day he was going live every day without sin and he was going to make sure every one else did to. As he was sitting in the break room before work time one day he noticed that two Christian brothers were laughing out loud and joking around. Christian Jim thought to himself, scripture say's in Prov 24:9 The thought of foolishness is sin. I guess I will just have to report them to the boss for that. At lunch time a friend of Christian Jim walked over to Jim's table and set down and began a conversation and told Jim he didn't feel well that day and was in doubt to whether he could make his production. Well, say's Christian Jim the bible say's whatsoever is not of faith is sin, so again I must report him to the supervisor for his own good. The moral of the story is, sin is sin so if we start tattling on other people they might see the same in you.

7. Sapper Woody

I didn't make it about stealing. The op did. And I stick to my answer. If you see stealing report it. That includes stealing on a government level. In my case, my units have always run out of money well before the fiscal year, so much so that we had to cancel/postpone training. So much for your "every year, every quarter, every department" idea. And how could you possibly call ME into account for it if it DID happen? Your arguments are making no sense. I am not supply. I don't handle things like that. And the "Gomer Pyle Breath" name calling has not gone unnoticed.

8. Sapper Woody

This isn't about making sure everyone else lives without sin, and reporting sin. This is about reporting sin when it hurts a third party, such as an employer, or the cable company.

9. Sapper Woody

I agree perfectly with the way you handled scenario 3. You didn't give all that information in the op. But with that information, yeah, that's good.

I also would have handled scenario 2 the same way.

I am not condemning you for your handling of scenario 1. But I would have handled it differently. I've already posted my opinion on it.

10. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Follow the biblical mandate for dealing with a believer.

2) Yes

3) Yes