1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Christians Vote???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Oct 27, 2006.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

See your mindset is off from the get go. Who said not voting is apathy? So just because you think that everyone is apathetic that doesn't vote that makes it so?

I think Bible says not to entangle ourselves in the affairs of this world. Yet you think because someone removes themselves from the affairs of this world they are apathetic and God would be displeased with them.

Well there you go . . .

That's EXACTLY what we need (not Fidel Castro) and that's EXACTLY what we are going to have one day when the King of kings and the Lord of lords rules and reigns. Do you think He is going to offer up the government to the vote of the people? I don't think so.

That is where our focus is to be. Focused on that coming kingdom that will be perfect! Who cares what this world has to offer. That coming kingdom is going to be so much better that is not even worth comparing. Let's focus on being a part of that kingdom, becuase contrary to the teaching of the vast majority of Christendom today, not all Christians are going to be a part of that coming kingdom. And that's why we are to be focused on it now!

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

If we are not evagelizing, then we are voting for the god of this world to take over this country.

Repent the Kingdom of God is at hand!

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Amen! Amen! Amen!

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Apathy 1. absence of emotion. 2. lack of interest or concern

We are not of the world, but we are still in it. I would think you would have some concern for it's happenings.

In Paul's day people quit working or caring about anything because they thought the Lord was coming any minute, but we are to carry on with life until He comes, not just give up because it doesn't matter anyway.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Should Christians vote????

Absolutely! It's the only way we change crooks every two or four years! :BangHead: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, of course, that should be :tear:.

Ed

[Edited to make it more readable.]

#45 EdSutton, Oct 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2006
  6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, I wish I'd explained it that way!:laugh: :tonofbricks:

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Glad you liked that one. :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Can ya' edit it one more time?

:laugh:

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Scripture please???

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

:applause:

11. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Absolutely correct in the first statement. And just because someone does not vote does not mean they are not concerned for the people or what's going on.

The more concerned we are the more we should be walking according to Scripture. And the more we are walking according to Scripture the more we are going to be sharing the Truth with folks around us.

Satan is in charge of this world and until he is removed from power things are going to be bad. The thing that we need to be doing is sharing the amazing grace of Jesus to those that are spiritually dead and then sharing the coming glory of Christ with those that are spiritually alive. That is our responsibility to the world and to fellow believers. And we should pray for our secular leaders (as well as our spiritual leaders) along the way. That's the only Biblical command that we have towards politics.

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

II Timothy 2:4 - No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

This scripture is about keeping ourselves focused on Christ not the cares of our lives as a good soldier focuses on the task his superior has given him. It is not about politics.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Paul is saying not to become so overly involved in the other things in your life as to allow your walk with God to suffer. I suppose you could stretch that to mean don't vote but I don't know if one really get's that involved in preparing to vote that they neglect their walk and purose with God.

Now I do know some preachers begin preaching politics right about now...

15. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

That's exactly my whole point. Instead of preaching Jesus crucified and Christ raised again and coming back our "spiritual, religious" leaders today are preaching that voting is what makes the difference.

It's killing our Christian walk.

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Jn:18:36: Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Point sorta received. What lessons did we learn during the civil rights movement? I agree no service should be for anything but to worship God but there are times when Gods agenda mixes or blends with politics.

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Is this experiment in religious freedom and expression we enjoy in America of God or of man?

19. kwick64

kwick64 New Member

So applying your logic, I never need to witness. After all God will save who He chooses to save, so I can expend God-given time, energy, talents, etc. on other matters.

20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Not at all. We are commanded to witness both with our words and our lifestyle. We are not commanded to vote. The only political command we have been given is to pray for our leaders. That's it.