1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Christians Vote???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Oct 27, 2006.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

only vote if you know the specifics of each party.

if you dont vote - dont complain.

simple as that.
    ---

christians shouldn't vote... what a croc... lol

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Is it any wonder why our nation is in the position it now finds itself? While our very own young men and women and others give their lives for the freedoms we enjoy and the battle rages for our very existence, Christians over here cannot even muster the wisdom to vote. It is a shame and a disgrace. We face the distinct possibility of all receiving what their attitudes have gendered. Help us God.

#62 Heavenly Pilgrim, Oct 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2006
  3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

HP why exactly is it shameful and a disgrace not to do something that we are not commanded to do, and actually do something we are told not to do? It's funny how Christendom has twisted so many things in these last days . . . oh wait that's exactly what the Bible says would happen. They will call good evil and evil good. Hmmmmm . . .

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

JJ, First answer my question in post #58 and I will respond to yours. :)

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

HP, we actually agree on something :eek: :laugh:

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: We have but begun to see agreement. Before God raps it all up, or our time on earth is finished, I am convinced that there will be even greater agreement for all of us to enjoy!:)

7. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Yes, Vote! I cannot stand to hear somebody complain about the political world is going, laws, regulations. If you don't like what the govt. is doing then vote to change things. Votes really do add up. It is also your constitutional right to vote so use it so we don't lose it.

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I don't think God supports false religion, but He has allowed the freedom of religion because He raised up the founders of this nation and the rulers that followed.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I do not understand your comment about false religion in the least, nor do I see what that has to do with the OP.

My question centered not on the leaders precisely, but on the ‘form’ of self-government we have and enjoy. Is that form of self government of God or of man?

10. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

It doesn't have anything to do with the OP just like your question didn't have anything to do with the OP. Your question asked about the freedom of religion not the form of self government. That's why I talked about false religion.

Those that formed this government were raised up by God, however that doesn't mean the form of government that was selected was ordained by Him. God's coming government is not going to be a democracy, but a theocracy.

Now why do you consider it shameful and disgraceful to not do something that we are not commanded to do and in fact or told not to do?

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

God raised up Stalin, Hitler, Saddam and Castro too, and not to mention the Egyptian pharoah that was persecuting His people . . . do you think He ordained their governments as well, or just good ole USA's governmental system?

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Romans 13
    1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

14. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Amy that's not an answer to my question. So any person that failed to follow Hitler in killing Jews was committing a sin?

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yes I did answer your question using scripture. But back to the OP, should Christians vote? You have shown no biblical support that voting is wrong. It is your right to abstain from the democratic process, but I choose to vote and see no sin or disobediance in it.

16. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Amy once again not only did you not answer my original question, but then I asked you a followup question and you didn't answer that either.

So let me ask again. Using what supposedly was your answer to my question you said that God ordains both the rulers and the governmental systems and so I asked you based on that answer if people that chose to not follow Hitler were sinning. So were they sinning or not? Were the founders of this country sinning when they founded this country? They were rebelling against the government of England?

Are the people that are swimming across the waters from Cuba to the US are they sinning? They are rebelling against their government?

You need to go back and re-read my posts then.

You in fact have not given any Scriptural evidence that voting is okay. Where is your Scripture, becuase Romans 13 certainly doesn't tell us we are supposed to vote.

Again it is failed and foolish logic to think that man is going to fix any problem. This world system (including the governmental systems) is a flawed system. It can not be fixed and that's why a totally new and perfect government will be ushered in (hopefully soon!).

To mix ourselves in flawed politics is to entangle ourselves in the cares of this world and that's not the answer no matter how you look at it.

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: You are never told in Scripture not to vote or not to participate in government. Scripture tells us the render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s. One of the things that is Caesar’s is the means by which our form of government exists. We the people are in effect Caesar in our form of government.

God has ordained governments to carry the sword and to protect it’s citizens. The form of government He has allowed us to partake of cannot exist unless the people exercise the right to vote. It is only reasonable that since God has ordained our form of government, that He would also ordain us to partake of one of the means by which that government is sustained, i.e., by the vote and rule of the people. Those that refuse the very means by which our form of government exists, do not deserve to live under the freedoms we enjoy, and facilitate the enemies of our self-government.

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Actually you are, but no one seems to care about what Scripture says or doesn't say these days :( But it's no big surprise.

It wasn't talking about a vote it was talking about taxes. And yes we still have to pay our taxes. That passage does not support the idea that all Christians must vote.

So if God has ordained all governments were the people that rebelled against Hitler and wouldn't kill the Jews were they sinning by rebelling against their "God ordained government?"

You are right, but there are plenty of non-Christians that can carry out the vote. Christians are not needed, so your argument still have all kinds of leakage and is starting to drown :)

Well you continue to entangle yourself in the affairs of this world if you want to.

What a load of hooey!

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

It has been stated that the most important thing concerning ones doctrines are the sentiments they invoke and the subsequent actions (or the lack thereof) they gender.

We are sure getting a clear example of what notions of Calvinistic determinism gender.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Only the Democrats.

Hello HP, how are you:)