1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should God have compassion?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by BobRyan, Sep 5, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ouch!

Right in the Tummy!! :eek:

This is the big one Bertha!
    [​IMG]

I have never been so devastated by such a compelling Calvinist response to a string of tough questions.

I yield.

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good News for you: None of the Other Calvinists seem to know what to say either.

Bad news: ALL the Arminians seem to be able to read with comprehension. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes - that "is" the point.

Fair enough.

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To whom - yourself? I was hoping you would post it here.

A link would have been good right there when you postd that claim above - if you had answered it on this thread.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How many did you answer?

How many did you dodge?

(I can't believe they were all "hard". More than half were "obvious" to all)

Why flee ALL of them just because there are some hard ones in the mix?

(Hey I think that is my second question in this answer.)

Well at least you are good at numbering.

Thanks - I am trying to keep that in mind.

Hint: Each question mark goes with a question. Its just that most of the questions are real easy.

Maybe that is what is confusing you.

Get more sleep.

In Christ,

Bob

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hint: This was one of the confusing questions in the first point from the book of Jonah.

I know this one is pretty confusing to Whatever - but...

I bet Arminians can read it.

7. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Bob.

No I'm sure we do Bob but we are good boys. :cool:

Your posts are mercifully short are you well? A question. Or is your cut and paste machine fallen apart?

The answer to life, the universe and everything is not 42 after all it's 'is'. :cool:

john.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here it is "Again" - Question 1 asked "repeatedly"

------------------------------------

"SHOULD I not have mercy"

Who is He asking? Jonah?

What would Calvinist say to the question?
    ------------------------------------------

If they answer like Whatever has been answering they will say "That was 1 question mark and one question.

But When will the other question marks be added and when they do get added - will you help me read?".

9. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Bob.

You're babbling Bob to my ear I haven't a clue what you are talking about. :cool:

Who is Calvinist?
    That a strange way of putting those question marks, the question or questions become sort of ambiguos but not. Is it a word game of some sort?

john. :cool:

10. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

There is no question that being Calvinist or not is a word game.

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

might be. :cool:

john.

12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

God is not asking anyone. It’s a rhetorical question. As i have already said in a post you never replied to...as we claim early victory....

"God loves the elect....and will do anything to reach them....and MADE Jonah GO TELL.

ok...that's done. next what do you have?

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Opps..i missed the 2nd one. My bad.

"What would Calvinist say to the question?"

Each man would have to say on their own for Calvinist do not speak in one group and one voice.

But if God Elected to save some in this city...he would get it done even it I said no. And if it the tool that God wanted to use to reach the elect was ME....if i ran He would chase me down and have a big fish after me. Jonah said no many times...yet God had a plan to save the elect from the judgement He had for this evil City. Notice too....God didn't elect them for their good deeds. These guys were wicked. This is called grace....for there was nothing good in them.

NEXT....

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    #1. CONTEXT shows that God is speaking to Jonah. So you are clearly wrong at the start.

#2. What is the implied answer to the rhetorical question since you are willing to amdit it is rhetorical?

God asks

Calvinist answers --

A. "YES you should"
    B. "No you should NOT"

Which one Calvinsts?

Already been asked a half dozen times.

Is it time to "show the Calvinist answer to GOD's question"?? Yet?

In Christ,

Bob

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2. Speaking of my "Sept 5 posts"

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What should be the Calvnist response when God says...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exodus 32:10
    "Now then let Me alone, that My anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them; and I will make of you a great nation."

Was Moses a "good Calvinist" or a bad one?

(And then there is Abraham).

16. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Bob...
    #1. CONTEXT shows that God is speaking to Jonah. So you are clearly wrong at the start.

James...
    again Mr cut and paste...let me cut and paste what YOU posted...

"Who is He asking? Jonah?"

he was ASKING noone. Now you change to what you should be saying all along. How many times has others brought this up?

anyway...you got it now. Yes...he is talking to Jonah

Bob...
    #2. What is the implied answer to the rhetorical question since you are willing to amdit it is rhetorical?
    James........
    Humm. did you not read my reply?

let me cut and paste AGAIN..

"Each man would have to say on their own for Calvinist do not speak in one group and one voice.

But if God Elected to save some in this city...he would get it done even it I said no. And if it the tool that God wanted to use to reach the elect was ME....if i ran He would chase me down and have a big fish after me. Jonah said no many times...yet God had a plan to save the elect from the judgement He had for this evil City. Notice too....God didn't elect them for their good deeds. These guys were wicked. This is called grace....for there was nothing good in them."

why do you keep acting like there is no reply? maybe you just do not want to read it? Do you not understand?...or do you just joy in slaming Calvinist? That was a rhetorical question also...for we ALL know the answer to this.

Bob...again
    James....
    willing to admit it? sounds like you had a hard time getting me to say it. yet it was you asking the wrong thing...was it not? others pointed out this before and you overlooked the reply. again..you asked...."who was God asking?"....when you should have said..."who was God talking to".

Bob...
    God asks

Calvinist answers --
    James.....
    should i cut and paste again? no..just read

Bob...

A. "YES you should"
    B. "No you should NOT"

Which one Calvinsts?
    James.......
    YES. But the point of the story is this. Even if Bob, John, James, Webdog, KJB, TexasSky, uncle billy, brad pitt....says NO. God will send to the ones he has elected for salvation. Don't you know....you really can not say no to God. God says YES....jonah says no...and runs....God says YES...and makes a storm come....Jonah says...throw me over board...think he would die..and not have to. God says YES...by sending a fish. Notice that the fish was not a bad thing. It saved Jonhas life. A picture of Christ...A picture of his death...in the tummy of the fish 3 days....a picture of salvation...for it saved Jonah's life. All at the same time..it was God judgement. both? yes both. The point of the book of Jonah is to see GOD in control and GODS plan will come about.

Again...God was not asking if it was OK. He was telling Johan, yonah, ionas, jonas...that he will have mercy on whoever He pleases...just as romans 9 says. Jonah looked at them and saw their wickness and said...HOW COULD YOU GOD?? How could you save such a wicked group? Yet...God can and will do as He pleases.

IN this case the people were wicked. Yet God elected to save them. In edoms case..they were wicked and God choose not to save. Whos choice? Gods choice. God weeps over his people..."jews"...and in romans 1 God "gave them over" to a debased mind. we did not keep trying to save those in chapter one of romans, like he did to those in the book of Jonah...did he?

Bob...
    Already been asked a half dozen times.
    James...
    You keep saying this...and others reply...you overlook the reply and cut and paste what you ask. I hope you are having fun.

Bob...
    Is it time to "show the Calvinist answer to GOD's question"?? Yet?
    James....
    Is it time to read? yet?

ok...we have answer this 2 times. I'm still waiting on #3.

and i have one for you..

1) Who choose to send Jonah to a wicked city before they even knew of God, to preach to them about God?

In Christ...James

17. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

hi bob...

Bob...

What was the answer then?

James...do you not read? 1st you ask the wrong way..then when we get you to ask right...you still do not read.

Bob.....

If "NO you SHOULD NOT" is the WRONG answer to "SHOULD I NOT have compassion on them"...
    James....
    again Bob..yes. but he was not asking...it was a decree

Bob.....
    Then can you bring yourself to give the "right answer" TO THAT QUESTION that God asks?
    James...
    what is the deal? read again..this was more of a statement from god that HE WILL have mercy on whoever He wants. He is not asking Jonah if its OK to do so. God will...and used Jonah as a tool...even when Jonah said no. even when jonah ran from God.

Bob...
    Especially since you claim it is a rhetorical question with its implied answer simply not stated.
    James....
    ?? how about reading. I have answered this myself 6 times....others before me. what is the deal?

Bob..
    OR is this going to be the eternal dodge of Whatever again.
    James...
    I read whatever's post too. you never did address his point. What he posted was not a dodge, it was a good point that needed to be address before moving to the next point. yet you dodge his point for you say it as a dodge on his part. Now...take the time and go back and read what he has to say...and see if you were wrong. this is not just to address what you ask Bob. Others can bring up good points too...if you just read you may see this

In Christ...James

18. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

To whom - yourself? I was hoping you would post it here.

A link would have been good right there when you postd that claim above - if you had answered it on this thread.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I think it was on page four. I went back and looked it up before I said that to make sure I wasn't remembering wrongly. It was there.

19. whatever

whatever New Member

Question 1. Bob says:
    C. "No, you should".

Already been answered. Maybe you have as difficult a time with short, concise answers as I do with long, rambling non-questions.

Question 2 - Bob says:
    Moses was an outstanding Calvinist.

20. whatever

whatever New Member

You said that you had two questions that had gone unanswered. I asked what those two questions were. What confused me about your post was that it took 27 question marks to ask two questions. I could not figure out which 25 questions were not your questions and which two questions were your questions. Thanks for clarifying.