1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should I ask forgiveness or CONFRONT this person???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 6, 2013.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Evang:

Real humility has and feels no need to tell someone that they have it.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

In my opinion, YES, I think Reformed theology is another gospel. I am speaking specifically of the doctrine of Limited Atonement. If you believe that Jesus only died for "some" sinners, then YES, I believe that is another gospel. Paul taught that Jesus died for all sinners.

1 Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Here Paul is recalling that he preached to the Corinthians that Jesus died for "our sins".

Now you will argue that the Corinthians are saved, the elect. Well, they weren't saved when Paul preached to them, you do not need to preach the gospel to saved persons.

Anyone who goes about teaching or preaching that Jesus only died for some persons is preaching another gospel.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have crossed over the line there Winman. You are also breaking BB rules.

I certainly think your understanding of the Gospel is distorted,truncated and compromised by your synergism and your fanatical zeal which clouds your discernment -- but I would be hesitant in saying you believe in a false Gospel --because that means you are not a fellow believer.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

What? I am not allowed to say what I believe?

Look, you believe what you want, and I will believe what I believe the scriptures teach. And I believe Limited Atonement is another gospel, it is not what Paul preached.

I am not questioning anyone's salvation, because MANY Reformed reject Limited Atonement.

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Agreed, yet this isn't the first time. In addition to his saying we have another Gospel we've also seen it stated Calvinists don't believe the Bible. I guess it is allowable here as it's been said often enough that it's doubtful that it hasn't been seen by mods or admin.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Winman has done nothing wrong. The line was crossed in the OP, right at the first post:
    It is just as true many of whom come from the reformed churches.
    There is no need to broad-brush an entire movement right from the very beginning just because you are sitting on the other side of the fence.
    This entire thread was biased from the beginning.

8. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may not fully agree with Limited Atonement,.

#28 evangelist6589, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I do apologize if I crossed the line. However what I am saying is clearing taught in the book "The Way of the Master" and the book "The Gospel According to Jesus" as "easy-believism" and the sinners prayer are condemned. Well I have several books that teach what I am writing, but if it offended anyone then I apologize. I do believe in grace, and I do believe that God loves the world.

#29 evangelist6589, Dec 7, 2013
  10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

John MacArthur is a Calvinist. Not all IFB churches are. They are independent. Most of them are not easy believism-type churches, however. That is again, a typical broad generalization by someone who is unfamiliar with the IFB movement. If anyone cares to read about the history of fundamentalism David Beale's book, In Search of Purity, is an excellent book. In it he describes how Charles Finney was the one that first came up with the modern day invitation. But note that Finney was a heretic. What he preached became known as "Oberlin theology," named for the college he was president of. He would use any means possible to get the sinner down the aisle. We are not followers or champions of Finney's methodology.

11. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evangelist, why exactly do you want to "reconcile" with a brother if the two of you have had no communication for a year, at his preference it seems? Your OP sounds like your reason for wanting to "reconcile" with this person is so you can tell him how wrong he is and how right you are.

You've been told this before, sometimes bluntly and sometimes not-so-bluntly. I'll say it again in a plain, but kind way: it is not your job to change or convict anyone. Our job as Christians is to LOVE one another and share the gospel with unbelievers. It is NOT our job to FORCE people to agree with us or reconcile or anything else.

My advice to you is to LET IT GO. Don't hound people and shove your opinions and beliefs down their throats. It will turn them off completely and do more damage to the cause of Christ in the long run. Love them, pray for them, and ask God to work on YOU.

I know you like to read. I'd suggest you read the book How to Win Friends and Influence People. There are many excellent tips and principles that will teach you how to deal with the social situations that arise, like the ones you've asked advice for here on BB.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read it years ago but need to skim it again as you have pointed out. Your post points out that I need to get back to my books. MacArthur and Johnson have broad brushed the entire movement in various books and messages.

13. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    evangelist6589..., have you considered that perhaps the one you're trying to make amends with is embarrassed?

If it's possible then all you can do is leave it alone.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True it is not my job, but its also true that the sermons and writings of some have influenced me. I remember a certain sermon by a pastor where he said we needed to continually try and reconcile with people even if they decline, we should never give up. I did not get that advice from a self-help book by a questionable author, but from a Godly pastor. But however true theology I can't force on someone, however I should continue to preach it for one day they may be persuaded by the work of the Holy Spirit.

However in this case I have made the decision not to contact the offended party. The person has a dislike and indifference towards me, and may be a enemy of the gospel as Ray Comfort pointed out. I do not know for certain.

#34 evangelist6589, Dec 7, 2013
  15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Embarrassed? Explain.

16. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rippon

And yet.....Biblicist posted solidly and he is "banned"???

17. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Embarrassed? Explain.

What is there to explain?

Not knowing what caused the "rif" to begin with..., unless you posted the issue earlier and I just didn't see it..., perhaps the one you're trying to atone with has come to grips with the original matter and has realized "THEIR" error. If so, then it's possible they are just embarrassed? I don't know. Was just offering up a possible explanation as to why they won't respond to you.

Often, it's easier for someone to pull hens teeth than to admit they were wrong.?.? I don't know.

18. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reach out in love. Honey attracts more flies than vinegar.

Leave judgement up to God.

Blessings.

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How in the world...?

When you said the above it was news to me. Was he being too biblical for folks to stomach,or what?

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I tried that approach twice, but got nothing in return.