1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should Men Make Profits From the Discussions of Theology??

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by T Alan, Dec 23, 2014.

1. T Alan

T Alan New Member

for those with something else inappropriate on you mind, this is what I meant, after all I am in Christ.

[​IMG]

2. T Alan

T Alan New Member

The heading of the section of the Forum says "friendly discussion". PLease , I know y'all are in bad health but stop the attacks. Discuss okay, attack bad.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not attacking. I merely presented a condensed version of thread topics you have started in the past week or so.

4. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Okay, I'll accept that but let me say that your presentation was inaccurate, parts out of context.

5. T Alan

T Alan New Member

There are "owners" of this forum? And they make money by allowing advertisers to display these ads in the posts we make? And the more views one gets the more money they make?

If you answer yes to the above then YES, my topic would include this Forum.

6. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

20 hours, and still no one knows what you're asking. How do you expect to have a "friendly discussion" if no one knows what you're trying to discuss?

7. T Alan

T Alan New Member

I am away from the keyboard enjoying family and "off" days. Be Back Shortly. In my absence any who have opportunity and desire can begin with my comment in post #25, it captures the intent of the OP.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it is not selling Jesus to the highest bidder. For one there is no actual bidding going on by anyone. Second, no one here actually knows what kind of income Andrew makes from this board so the op cannot be reasonably asked without that info. Third, there are real costs incurred by owning and maintaining a site like this. Any income made from this site will certainly go toward covering those very real and very expensive costs.

Lastly, looking for a heretical, idolatrous, Jesus selling boogy man under every rock is not helpful to the kingdom of God. It does nothing to promote spiritual growth, further the Kingdom, or glorify God. What is does do is set up a Pharisaical legalism that tries to bind Christians in a manner that God never intended and that scripture never teaches. It is looking for a problem that does not exist in order to make one's self appear and feel more holy and righteous. This usually occurs by individuals who are immature in their faith or are insecure. Either way there is something deeply wrong with someone who would participate in a forum in which they "slam" "attack". That is like going to eat at a buffet and while eating calling everyone in the room a glutton.

I am reminded of what Paul told the good people of the church in Galatia:

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

I would also suggest that anyone who feels the need to question this board like has been done in the op should not participate on this board otherwise they are a hypocrite.

Further, anyone who feels comfortable proclaiming the use of "hand gestures" only reveals their immaturity.

#28 Revmitchell, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  9. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Not very expensive, really. With the traffic this board receives it could easily be hosted on a shared hosting account costing ~20 a month. If you wanted to get fancy, put it on a VPS for ~40-50 a month. The forum software, Vbulletin, runs $250, but an open source equivalent (like phpBB) is free and just as good.

Not trying to say I don't appreciate Andrew and the fact that he runs this. I also don't think that he shouldn't be able to recoup his costs and make a profit. I have no problem with that. I just wanted to level set the expenses, and make sure we understood that it's not "very expensive".

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Several direct questions from people asking what you are driving at and you shrug off opportunities to clarify.

Puh-leeze tell us! Pretty please, with sugar on top.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awesome post, Rev.
    Nailed.
    It.

:applause::applause::applause:

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I don't even care if Andrew is making lots of money off this board. More power to him. In fact, I wish he would offer premium subscriptions that would give payees more privileges like expanded PM boxes, ad-free options, more robust search engines, private areas, etc.

13. Gib

Gib Active Member

He's having too much fun being vague and logging on to see what responses he's getting.

[This is not an attack on the OP]

#33 Gib, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    \

He has not been on since his last post, at 7:52 am CST.

15. Gib

Gib Active Member

I'm talking since #1

16. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

He hasn't been logged in since then.

17. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    T Allen, after reading your posts in this thread, I'm just going to save us both some time and go ahead and put you on ignore now.

18. T Alan

T Alan New Member

I pose a question for discussion by those that have interest. Rev. Michelle and his attack Chihuahua ITL take it as an opportunity to turn it personal again. ITL doesn't do it until MIchelle takes the first swing then ITL is all over it.

Big Dave, you surprise me. Getting close there young man.

19. Gib

Gib Active Member

Gagagagaga! :tongue3:

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it seems I enter the discussion after RevMitchell, it's because he's very active on BB and typically is a first responder to many threads. Also, it turns out that we frequently agree on theological issues.

Do you deny that you have posted threads denouncing paintings of Jesus, denouncing Christmas decorations because they intermingle with the celebration of Christ's birth, saying that celebrating Christmas in December is incorrect, and stating that having youth groups is unbiblical?

Then again, you don't answer questions so I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

And you still haven't clarified what this thread is supposed to be about...