1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Racial Contention be Secluded?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Darrell C, May 4, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't lie, what you did do is call him out on his garbage he doesn't like it so that is what he does.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have my own "Zaac"on a FB page. We were discussing food stamps. I stated that according to the 10th Amendment - that the Feds have no business being in the Food Stamp business.

Then he said: "The states abused their privilege. The 10th amendment refers to powers reserved for the states or the people. Down south they couldn't get used to the idea that black people were in fact people."

I was not talking about race - but govt give-a-way programs. Why do so many want to throw the race card in?

#22 Salty, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps because whether or not white people want to admit it, you can't talk economics or social need without talking about it.

Until the church starts meeting those needs, the Fed needs to stay in the Food Stamp Business.

It's not black people's fault that some of you can't relate to their reality. You think it's a bad idea. Blacks and other folks who have had to use it understand that when you're economically disadvantaged, it's good to know that your kids won't have to go hungry waiting for folks who won't even interact with them to bring them some food.

#23 Zaac, May 4, 2015
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think you lied about him. Apparently Zaac makes a distinction between what someone says and what they really are. Therefore, if he asserts someone says "racially prejudiced things and racial political views" they are not necessarily a racist.

Frankly, I can't make that distinction and I don't see the Lord doing so either.

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.

It's like saying "I'm voting for Romney, but I'm not a Romney supporter, nor do I support Mormonism." And we all know what Zaac would say to that!

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He flat out lied repeatedly. He knows it and I know it. If I want to say a person is a racist, I will. I don't have a problem typing.

Lots of people make racist and racially prejudiced comments. It doesn't make them racists. Stupid, perhaps. But not necessarily racist.

Point being, I know what I have said and what I have not said. So there's no sense in lying and saying that I said something that I know I didn't say.

I am measured and particular about what I do say. And of all the folks on this board, I KNOW that Don knows this and recognizes such.

And Don, having sat back, and watched the very same display between me and others, knows all too well that he nor anyone else can lie and tell me that I said something I did not.

He knows full well that if I wanted to say, i.e. Don is a racist, that's what he would have read on the page and not something to the tune of "Don makes racist and racially prejudiced comments".:saint:

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it's a distinction with hardly any difference, isn't it?

OK, then people that say things indicating white privilege aren't really privileged whites.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There's a huge difference. True racism is about power and control. A person can make racist and racially prejudiced comments just because they are repeating what their "friends" are saying and it have nothing to do with racism.

Not sure what you were trying to say. :laugh: But I don't have a problem saying that whites benefit from white privilege everyday. It just is what it is.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deleted. Unnecessary.

#28 Don, May 4, 2015
  9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deleted. Unnecessary.

#29 Don, May 4, 2015
  10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not surprised you bought into that baloney. That is merely an excuse to remain a part of the poor me I'm black pathology.

True racism is a sickness of the heart and spirit. Thus all people are capable of it.

It has less than nothing to do with power and control.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Deleted. An equally unnecessary response.

#31 Zaac, May 4, 2015
  12. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've become really disappointed in the poster you have become.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You know, I always say to people please do not address me in such a manner unless you're also speaking to the person speaking to me.

14. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah, I've watched you burn every single person that has stood up for you and tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, myself included. I'm done.

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought I was on ignore?

Folks, I deleted those posts because I figured Zaac would basically write them off. He was quicker to quote than I expected. He mentioned folks here not understanding being economically challenged; then when given examples that some folks on this board actually do understand, he dismissed it.

Scripture says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he; and there are those on this board that are decidedly racist without even realizing just how racist they are. I typically don't participate in conversations with them; their own words are enough for others to judge them, and no amount of "biting social commentary" or harsh words is going to convince them of their innate racism.

Zaac, I haven't lied about you. But you're doing a good job of lying to yourself. You wish to make a distinction that doesn't exist. If scripture is to be believed, then what people say and write is a reflection of what they actually believe. So maybe it's time for you to grow up, man up, and say what you really mean, instead of hiding behind innuendo and "lessons" that are falling on deaf ears.

And if you're gonna threaten to put me on ignore, then put me on ignore and be done with it. Again, say what you mean, mean what you say, and man up and do it, son.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's fine. I appreciate what you think you have done. But I'm a big boy.

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I told you guys what he was when he got here.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I dismissed no such thing. There's just no reason to go back and forth with you about who had the poorest upbringing since you conditioned the reasons under which you felt we could swap stories.

You have lied repeatedly about what I said. I CAN read.

Sounds like you're doing a good job lying to yourself to save face about the lies you DID tell.

That's why I stand firmly on whatever I type and am in no need of you or anyone else telling lies about me saying what I have not said.

Maybe it's time that you grow up and stop telling lies? You're not so removed from reality that you think for an instant that I have a problem saying what I want to say.

The problem between you and I is that you want to say that I have said things that I have not just because YOU think that's what I'm trying to say.

And I'll say it again. I know that YOU moreso than others already know that to not be the case.

If I want to say it, I will. There won't be any need for you to ask "so what you're saying" or "you're implying". Ungh ungh. The keyboard is at my fingertips. If I want to type it on the screen, I will.:thumbsup:

Bye Don.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

All you and your wickedness need to worry about is what you are.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, please. That's just an excuse and you know it. YOU created the condition when you wrote that people here couldn't understand economic hardships. When asked to apply them to yourself, your answer is, "I'm not going to participate"?

I quoted what you said; I provided my references that supported my premise. YOU were the one that decided that what you write doesn't follow standard English-language norms.

Really? I say you're lying to yourself, and all you can say is, "yeah, well, you're lying to yourself!" Hmm...is this the part I meant about "growing up"?

What you've firmly typed is that a segment of this message board exhibits racism. You're just not intellectually honest enough to follow through and flat-out tell 'em.

Uh--yeah, yeah I do. I think you're so caught up in your own self-image of intelligence that you've forgotten to look in the mirror and tell the person you see there, "you're not nearly as smart as you'd like to think you are."

Actually, I want to say that you've said things because reading comprehension, a dictionary, and an eighth-grade education prove that you've said them.

If that were true, then I wouldn't be constantly challenging you, now would I?

Big talk. Meanwhile, still waiting on you to actually do it.

Until the next time you just can't resist and read something else I've posted--G'night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.