1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should Racial Contention be Secluded?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Darrell C, May 4, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe if you were more involved in Doctrinal Discussion you might wake up to the fact that there are many serious discussions going on in this Forum.

So you have judged what is serious discussion and what is not?

Let me ask you something, Poncho...were men born again before Pentecost?

Do men have free will?

Is there a Rapture?

How are men saved?

It is the disruption of members who derail serious discussion that should be dealt with. In the Politics Board this could be easily accomplished by placing restraints on those who disrupt every discussion that takes place. Every post wasted on arguing racially contentious statements by members is another post somebody goes without growth.

There is much serious discussion going on, but one must be able to prioritize in order to actually understand what serious discussion entails.

So you have given up, is that it?

I'm guessing you voted no on the poll.

God bless.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No sir I do not agree. Being offended because of having to do that is silly.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Problem with Ponch is if you don't agree with him 110 % then he doesn't consider your opinion as serious.

And I would be interested in his answers to those doctrine questions.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally agree!!
    As I have stated earlier, I have two on ignore and had I not done that, I would have been off this board year ago, if not sooner.

Challenge: Put those that really bug you (Z for example) on ignore for a minimum of one month without reading his posts UNLESS quoted by another, and see if you don't have a freeing of oppression from idiotic "logic".
    If that drives you bonkers, take him (them) off ignore and continue to spit into the wind if that's what floats your boat!

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Problem with Ponch is he doesn't get opinion confused with evidence.

Ponch would be interested in hearing why you're so concerned whether or not Ponch can answer questions about doctrine when you violate the doctrine you and your partners in consensus preach all the time.

You want me to believe what you say then prove what you say is true don't try to make me out to be in the wrong because I question whether your opinion is based on fact or fancy.

Just prove that what you say is true. If you can't do that with having to belittle and talk down to people then you're the one with the problem not Ponch.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Of course I voted no in your poll Darrell.

What did you expect? That I would be like these guys that are always stroking each other's ego by claiming the other guy is the one with the problem and not them?

No Darrell. I'm not like that at all. Jesus wasn't a "conformist" and neither am I. Jesus didn't seek out the consensus so why should I? Better question, why should you? I'm what you might call anti authoritarianism so naturally I'm going to vote against it when someone suggests placing another in solitary confinement to think about how wrong he is for not seeking the consensus and displays a differing opinion and "world view" than a handful of people who already believe they have achieved "consensus".

Special note so the self appointed BB dept of twisting words and meaning understand (or at least find it more difficult to twist my words and their meaning) I don't have a problem with authority. I have a problem with those who abuse their authority. And not being of this world or the democrat or republican party I refuse to play favorites just to make one side happy or to feel like I belong to some special club. So get over it. You shouldn't be playing favorites so don't get all hissy with me because I won't do what you shouldn't be doing.

I don't agree with what Zaac says most of the time either but I'm not going to let some Johnny come lately who comes across to me as a soft spoken authoritarian and suggests we change the way we've always done things around here because he doesn't like it. We have moderators to handle things like this. If they aren't doing what you you think they should be doing tell them about it. There is a "report" button in the form of a red triangle in the upper right hand corner of every post. Use it. Use it often if you feel so compelled but use it.

Zaac should be able to speak his mind here just like you or anyone else without having to be threatened with being singled out for punishment by the "collective".

Does he go to far? Imho yes he does. But you'll notice he doesn't do it to me because I don't pay him that much attention. About the only time Zaac speaks to me is after I've spoke to him.

Zaac isn't that hard to get along with. Poke him and he reacts.

Stop poking him and he'll stop reacting. It works for me.

Prioritize? You mean like putting facts and evidence before fear, party talking points and personal bias even when they fly in the face of "conventional wisdom" and the "official narrative"?

Is that what you mean by "prioritize"? If it is then you're in the wrong place because the consensus seekers among us who would prefer a safe quite peaceful slavery to a loud and uncertain freedom don't follow that logic.

No serious discussion can take place when facts and evidence are scorned in favor of what some credibly corporate sponsored guy in a suit claimed another guy said, or did, or is about to do without providing evidence. An old saying goes like this "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" but evidently some folks have forgotten what a shame it is to be fooled over and over by the same old lies.

We've all seen how it works a few times now, we've heard the lies and fear mongering and we've witnessed the outcome of those lies and fear mongering. So what do we do the very next time we hear the very same lies and fear mongering? We believe the lies, give in to fear and expect a different outcome if we just give it more effort or drop more bombs or lock more people in closets. That's not rational Darrell I don't care how many consensus seekers try to convince me it is. It isn't and it never will be.

Are you of this world Darrell? I'm not. So why must I base what I observe happening in the world around me as if I am of this world? Just to satisfy you and a few consensus seekers?

Sorry but I don't see that happening any time soon.

As much as we all fuss and fight and carry on like a bunch of yahoos with our heads on fire we're a family here.

We're as dysfunctional and imperfect as any family out there. But we're family. Zaac, however much he might get on some people's nerves is family and family doesn't lock other family members in closets or send them to a re education camp because a few people can't bring themselves to do the smart and logical thing and just leave the kid alone to simmer in his own stew.

#66 poncho, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has nothing to do with being offended, it has to do with helping people to be more doctrinally oriented, rather than emotionally centered.

Any time a Christian gets caught up in a singular purpose, especially one that has nothing to do with Christian Ministry...he needs help. For those who do have a problem with racial issues, it may be that if their rut issue is something that separates them...they might get the picture.

Just because someone is offensive doesn't mean one is offended by it.

God bless.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Counter challenge: try facing those who bother you face on instead of ignoring them.

God bless.

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why???:rolleyes::confused:
    I get no pleasure from trying to discuss a topic with one who refuses to be rational.
    If you do, fine, but you don't complain when a troll just acts like a troll.
    To each his own I guess!

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After reading this...I can see why.

What I expect is for Christians to be willing to do anything to prove they are not racist, and to understand secluding racially contentious threads will help.

That doesn't mean I expect those who indulge their desire to continue racial contention to actually want to see that change, or, help someone obviously consumed with racial hatred.

Do you think I am here to make friends? Categorize me if you like, my friend, you will see sooner or later that is a mistake.

But to keep the facts straight, you are in the majority. Last I checked all but one voted no.

And this is where you err: this is not about general consensus, where we get together and compare opinions, this is about Christian attitude and ministry.

You are correct Christ was in opposition to the majority opinion, however, in what is relevant to this issue, at the heart, you are opposed to the conformity Christ did have, and that was with the Law.

Do you think that Christ would agree with you? He would say, "Yes, it's perfectly fine for you to allow this nonsense to continue. You don't have to show the world that I have overcome racism. You don't have to help those still in bondage to that sin..."?

Christ maintained the teachings of the Law. We are to maintain, and put into practice Christian Doctrine.

You are a part of the consensus, and apparently you do not have the ability to discern this about yourself.

Check the poll, see if the facts bear out what I say.

I'm trying to change the consensus. If you stop to consider it beyond your imaginings you might see that.

I can see that. You have no concern for the teachings of Scripture.

Your idea of "one man" is a worldly concept.

Christianity has an authority and that is completely ignored on this board. Since when is it okay to advocate racial contention?

That is what you are doing. You have cast your vote and your vote does not support Christian Doctrine and Practice. The idea that someone can call himself a Christian, advocate racial contention and hatred for another race...and be a part of the family is ludicrous.

Who suggested that?

There would be nothing different about anyone's membership with the exception of the same censorship we see in not allowing threads about human sexuality.

All would still be able to post political threads, but if they want to post something racially contentious they will have to do it in the sticky.

And you talk about not confusing facts?

This mentality has been seen before:

"Yes, Mr. Smith, I do believe putting your face in a hat to get prophecies and visions is of God."

"Please, Mr. Jones...could I have the cherry flavored...?"

You defend practice which is satanic, not noble. There is nothing noble and inf act it is demonic to tie Christianity to a political agenda, especially one that advocates hatred and a separation the Cross removed.

Again...you are the consensus.

Look at the poll, that's all the fact we need to show this true.

Continued...

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is that when I engaged him he took the advice of the consensus and placed me on ignore.

I see he comes out of the woodwork when his platform is threatened.

Personally I would feel like a coward placing someone on ignore, but that's just me.

God bless.

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must be on that department, seeing you feel this is secluding a member when it is not.

And you seem to have a problem with the Authority of Scripture.

Show me how Scripture can justify an agenda intent on stirring up racial contention. Show me your justification for supporting it yourself. If you think for a minute the pious diatribe you have presented does that, then you have my complete sympathy.

So do I, and that includes membership.

The best solution is to cater to those who have no desire for discussion but simply want to talk at people. Make the topics that are specifically racially oriented remain in one section.

Then, those who seriously want to discuss politics don't have to have every thread infiltrated and derailed to that person's agenda.

Then, those who want to stir up racial contention and keep this thing going will be seen for who they are.

Then, maybe those who come to this forum might see a Christian discussion, rather than what appears to be a playground squabble.

So you didn't vote last election?

One doesn't have to be of those parties to support them, their ideologies, and their agendas.

Please, this has nothing to do with any of that.

And it is a bit dishonest to speak so grandiose and then go on to say "We're all one big happy family, even if we argue..."

Sorry, no.

You see...it matters that thee are people caught up in Political Religion.

I hate religion, and I will do what I can to help those caught up in it.

You want to point out what is Christian about racial hatred? You want to tell me how you, a Christian...can be so blind to the need here?

Read my threads. After having doing so, and you can still make such a statement, we'll talk about it.

You see, you erroneously think this targets one person...it doesn't. It target the entire Board. Anyone instigating racial contention.

Hissy? lol

My friend...I have not yet begun to get hissy.

Zaac is not the central focus.

Racial contention is.

The OP is quite clear.

I've been a member for quite some time.

And as far as soft spoken, I usually deal with members on their own terms. Thanks for establishing yours.

Oh, one of those, eh.

The Establishment.

Well, when you can see someone on a Christian Doctrinal Discussion Forum and make 5,000 and 7,000 posts, and they are still posting in an un-Christ-like manner, got to make us wonder about your tradition, and your Establishment.

But don't try to speak for the entire membership here. Plenty of people here who are actually interested in learning about God's Word and growing in Christ. Then there's your Establishment. But you are just a dark little corner of this Forum. Your previous statement shows you really do have your head stuck in the sand:

This is akin to one at the beach saying "The truth is that this place has never been a place for water."

Continued...

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have invited one Moderator to join the discussion. So far they have not.

I don't presume to tell the Staff how to run the Forum, I simply make the suggestion. It is up to them whether they take it or not.

If I reported every reportable post...that would be most of them.

Instead, I start a couple threads to discuss the issue.

Seems the consensus is that everyone likes things the way they are.

Of course, controversy has always sold, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Who has done that? Zaac is not the only one here that likes the contention.

And you act like he or anyone else that likes racially contentious issues would no longer be able to speak their minds. That's not the case...at all.

So I guess you would be okay if a white supremacist came here and posted threads like "Down with Blackie," "Blacks Pollute the World," "Are Blacks Really Animals?"

Please, if you can't be honest...

Guess your part of a special club.

I tried. He put me on ignore.

Yes, Ignore is a reaction.

Yet you have no concern for the condition of his heart.

How very thoughtful of you.

But hey, as long as all is good for Poncho...the rest of the world can go to Hell, right?

And this last is not a judgment on Zaac, by the way, it is just my opinion of your part in this, and has nothing to do with the eternal destiny of anyone. Ain't freedom of speech grand?

No, like putting the Commandments and teachings of Christ before your political views.

You cannot seem to even balance poll results, so I guess I am asking a little much of you.

Not sure how you see Democrat/Republican correlation to the OP.

What is in view is a Christian view of race relations.

Dream on, lol.

What was that you were saying about twisting words and meanings?

It isn't, but nice attempt to use pseudo arguments so you can speak what you wanted to say all along, regardless of the fact it is irrelevant.

It's a poor tactic used by those who can't focus on the topic of discussion.

Yes...you do.

You are a phony. You want to sound as though you are preserving freedom and all you are doing is making sure someone stays enslaved.

Which is worse, the slave-master who is known, or the one who rules by covert operation?

You show me the freedom in being a racist who has a hatred for other men they do not even know, and because of that hatred equate all of that race in one category...hated.

You are a closet advocate for slavery, no mouth-piece for freedom.

And Zaac, since you brought him up, also talks the grandiose garbage you do. He has been given a chance to discuss political issues and the facts, but he refuses to.

That interferes with his agenda.

Spouting about slavery when slavery is worse today than it has ever been. If he cared for those who are slaves, there are plenty of Christian efforts that could actually help them.

Hypocrites. That's how it looks.

What does this have to do with Racial Contention?

No serious discussion can take place when the topic is obscured by your pet agenda.

That is the point of this thread.

Continued...

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are one of those. You equate racial contention with freedom of speech.

How very sad.

You mean a fear that voting in an unqualified President could have serious repercussions?

You mean a fear that re-electing a President who, on National television, told the Russian President he would have more leeway in the second term?

You mean the fear that political influence allows for lawlessness?

Look at the National Debt. Look At the effect of pulling the troops out of Iraq. Look at Russia selling Iran missile systems. Look at the riots.

Yeah, those wackos, worried about nothing...

So tell me, did you vote for the great Community Organizer? A wonderful job he is doing organizing some communities.

Well, according to your tradition, I am sure you will do...absolutely nothing.

No, actually, I feel that if we call evil for what it is, and have people in place willing to do so...our Enemy and enemies would not be emboldened, and they would not have a platform for their agenda.

But you need to break free of the Establishment, Poncho.

Darrell is always rational.

;)

They've already convinced you, apparently.

No...but I am in this world, Poncho. And unlike you I am not going to sit around (desk chair aside, lol) and do nothing, but attempt to raise order in the midst of chaos.

I prefer serious discussion, and believe we can grow from it.

But when serious discussion is derailed by those who have an agenda which is clearly not a Christian Agenda...that's when you are going to attract my attention.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

You seem to be quite content to allow those who stir up racial contention to not only do so, but disrupt everything else in the process.

What exactly do you base it on? Please don't say Scripture. Scripture does not teach advocacy of racial contention and racial division.

The fact is...I'm the minority here, my friend. You are part of the Establishment, I am not.

Probably not, but that doesn't mean I can't try.

I'm not part of the established tradition of wanting erroneous practice continuing as it always has.

Make up your mind:

It seems you want to play both sides.

So you are okay with family members having seious issues and will sit by and...do nothing?

Or a club, but hey, what do words mean anyway.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but some of your family has disowned you.

No, it seems they throw them under the bus.

Again, there is no locking someone in a closet. The only difference would be that those who traffic the Racially Contentious Board would be exposed for what they are.

That is what you fear, isn't it?

Do we send homosexuals to re-education camps because threads about human sexuality are not allowed?

Do we lock other denominations in a closet because there is a Baptist Only Board/s?

The worst part is your total lack of concern for people invested in satanic doctrine. You support demon doctrine in your apathy.

Sure, leave the kid alone to stew, maybe he is saved, maybe he isn't, but probably need at least 15,000 posts before the fruit can actually be inspected...

God bless.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the teacher seek pleasure from children who don't know how to read? Or is it a matter of teaching them how to read apart from personal interest?

There are many issues involved in this one topic. By far the most important would be the welfare of those we speak to on an eternal basis.

Again, I am really surprised at the results of the poll, though I guess I shouldn't be.

This would seem to say that everyone is fine with having every thread turned to racial contention, and to be honest, I just can't see how that would be favored over Doctrinal Discussion, even in a Political Board. Every issue should be examined and discussed from a Christian Perspective. Racism, bias, prejudice, and hatred should not be the picture the watching world finds when reading a discussion among Christians.

Is it fair to members who do want to address the nonsense...to be put on ignore? Can I start a thread and not have it derailed with numerous off-topic and godless nonsense?

This thread is the perfect example that I cannot.

God bless.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it doesn't. What it means is no one likes your resolution to the matter. Get over your offense, put him on ignore and move on.

#76 Revmitchell, May 6, 2015
  17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. That's why I voted no. Ironic that the solution to the race threads on BB is to segregate them to the "back of the bus" so to speak.

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It does. And it seems that bothers you.

As far as being offended, lol, keep thinking that. As long as you also think about doing absolutely nothing to curb racial contention in this Board. Well, almost nothing.

Again, I would feel like a coward to put someone on ignore. I view that as giving up in debate and giving up on a person. And I won't do that.

God bless.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then just don't read their posts. Use your own cognitive ability to ignore them. Your resolution is not a resolution. If the mods of this board wanted something done about it they would simply tell those doing it to stop it or they will be banned. But they have not done that so you can bet your last dollar they are not going to create another section to allow it to go on there.

#79 Revmitchell, May 6, 2015
  20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Only those who choose to involve race in every discussion would be secluded. Perhaps this is why you voted no, because it would limit your own posting.

The argument that someone would be secluded is a lie. They would still have the same access to the board as they did before.

And by the way, speaking of shutting down discussion, remember this:

And how many posts did you register in the discussion?

Only this one.

You hypocrite.

Don't talk to me about shutting down discussion. Don't talk to me about trying to seclude a member, when that is not the case at all.

What is in view is limiting the potential for the playground nonsense that is apparently enjoyed by many, and all the while there are those who remain in a state of hatred, deception, and a contrary position, doctrine and practice to the teachings of the Word of God.

To ignore that is to confess one is okay with certain people being lost.

If this cannot be dealt with on a Christian Forum amongst professing Christians, then there is no hope of it being addressed in the world.

We are either going to make things better, or help maintain the same pattern of ignorance.

And you have cast your vote more than once.

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.