1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should US troops respect and obey Obama?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by abcgrad94, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Which leads to another question that might make for another interesting thread. If the current president was deposed by the military which CFR, Tri Lateral, Bilderberg lackey would the military install as dictator in chief to take his place?

I think the ranking military officers of the United States are smart enough to know that sacking the president, this current one or any other would still leave the same people in charge. I doubt very much one can reach the top commanding positions in the military without knowing who really runs the show.

2. FlyForFun

FlyForFun New Member

You're intentionally picking a fight.

So let me get this straight -- you "disrespect" the President but lawfully can't show that disrespect.

So how is that "disrespect?"

3. FlyForFun

FlyForFun New Member

Haven't spent much time in the Armed Forces, have you?

The higher echelons of every service Branch are peopled by senior Officers who learned how to play the political game (save perhaps the Marine Corps Commandant).

It's not a system that breeds treason.

Couple that with the legendary independence of the American Soldier, sailor, airman, and Marine, and any general wanting to stage a coup would be going it alone.

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, this helps me understand a bit better.

5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am just going to pass on my opinion. You all are talking about a coup like it is a good thing. It is not. It would be wrong. It would be against what the Scripture says about a believers relationship with his gov't and that we battle not against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Here endeth my rant.

6. FlyForFun

FlyForFun New Member

Agreed. All this talk about treasonous behavior, disrespect, and coups is wrong.

We live in a Republic -- the majority elects the representatives. It's imperfect and its a system based on compromise (read The Federalist Papers).

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't talking about a coup, Tom. My thoughts are more towards the individual soldier who is ordered to use force against his own countrymen. Some of our military have already signed a pledge NOT to do so, if commanded to.

I have read on other sites where some Americans are concerned that Obama will try to take away our guns, by force if necessary, (which goes against our right to bear arms.) I do not know if this is just tin foil hat agenda, or if it really will happen, but for some it seems to be a true fear. My questions came from this slant. I do not think our troops should follow orders that go against the constitution, BUT as you said, anarchy is not the answer either.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Regardless of who the POTUS is, it's not the job of troops to interpret the Constitution.

#28 Johnv, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
  9. FlyForFun

FlyForFun New Member

First the principle of Posse Comitatus has been bent a bit recently (US Soldiers patrolling US airports after 9-11 -- not good. See an excellent article on the erosion of this principle here).

Second, the tin foil types are almost hoping the BATF knocks on their doors so they can die a hero's death in a blaze of glory.

It won't happen that way. instead, anti-gun types will press for more damaging liability legislation, will require certain "safeguards," and make ammunition sales more difficult.

They won't "take your guns."

They'll just make it financially impossible to keep them.

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Did not know we had another mind reader on this Forum. Nowhere on this thread have I said I do not respect Obama. In fact I do not. Furthermore, since I am not in the military and he is not yet a dictator I do not have to show respect for him, I can show disrespect.

My remarks to date have been only for those in the military. I believe that was the question raised in the OP.

11. FlyForFun

FlyForFun New Member

You called me "arrogantly incorrect" when you clearly did not read or understand my post, since you simply restated what I said -- all uniformed members of the Armed services must render respect to the President and all superior officers.

Even if you "disrespect" same in your heart, you keep it to yourself.

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The reason I called you arrogantly incorrect was your statement: "Period, end of story." dismissing any further discourse.

13. FlyForFun

FlyForFun New Member

Because that's the way it is, unless it changed somehow since I retired after 21 years.

Care to elaborate?

14. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not aiming my comment at you in the least. I am sorry if I intimated that, that wasn't what I intended at all.

15. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not at all. I just wanted to clarify that I'm not advocating a coup, in case those reading the thread thought that.:thumbsup:

Sometimes I am not clear in putting my whole thoughts into a post and I have to remember that people cannot read my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.