1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should women vote?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marcia, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

According to Aaron, that was an "exception". :rolleyes:

2. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

You really shouldn't refer to girls as prostitutes

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I need to read the thread - didn't notice it had expanded!

4. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

No, you want to think I did.

I never referred to her as baggage, it went down with the ship.

Sounds like she's beaten you in an arm wrestling match a few times.

Capability isn't the issue of God placing women in the graceful position most lazy men are so willing to allow her to be removed from.

You're off into some sort of tirade which has nothing to do with the desire to treat women as ladies.

All women want to be treated like ladies and most lesbians will tell you they're that way because no man would do so unto them as the weaker vessel.

My wife and I had to counsel with a couple of lesbians before and they both told us the same thing.

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Finally found Aaaron's statement on page 7.

#105 Marcia, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
  6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, you finally gave what you believe to be the reasons - on page 7. I do not see how the above has anything to do with women voting. Women are persons in their own right. I totally agree with scripture on the man being the head of the woman, but this would not prevent her from voting. It does not mean he speaks for her, or that she cannot have her own views as long as they operate biblically as a couple and as parents (if they have children).

As a former feminist, I am very much against many of the feminist principles in society today and am very conservative on the issue of gender roles in the church, no woman pastors, women not chasing men, etc. However, I cannot see how scripture leads to a view that women should not vote.

Btw, this thread is not about women fighting in the military unless one can show that as a correlation to an argument for or against women voting. I am willing to hear all sides that are soundly backed up by scripture.

#106 Marcia, Feb 5, 2010
  7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

That is even more preposterous (a much nicer word than I want to use) than your last statement, and a "couple of lesbians" are not what I would call a good source upon which to build the conclusion that "most lesbians will tell you they're that way because no man would do so unto them as the weaker vessel."

The reason most women become lesbians is because they were ABUSED BY A MALE AUTHORITY FIGURE. They were treated like chattel- like animals to be controlled instead of women to be cherished. You keep trying to distance yourself from your previous statements but it isn't working.

#107 Mexdeaf, Feb 5, 2010
  8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==No assumptions there. Btw, I agree with you that it was an issue "in the Corinthian Church". Paul's comments are about and to Christians in the church. He says nothing about women holding secular roles in society.

==That is not in agreement with Scripture. The very Scripture you quoted. Paul is talking to and about Christians (vs 1). I don't believe the passage is a general statement. Christ is the head of those who submit to His headship, His Lordship. Those who have rejected Him are not part of His family, they are under His wrath. As Lord He will condemn those who have rejected His Lordship.

==Paul was talking about gender roles inside the church. He says nothing about secular society.

9. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Actually the reason women become lesbians is because they have rejected the authority of God. They have rejected His salvation and have been turned over to their human depravity (Rom 1:24-27). Everything else is just an excuse.

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Good point. I would like to discuss this further, so I'll start another thread, perhaps later tonight.

11. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've reported this kind of drivel.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Honestly, this is a real man's answer. :)

If I were a man and knew that my spot in a lifeboat allowed a woman to die, that would break my heart.

Additionally, if I were in a situation that it was a choice between me and someone else, I'd allow the other person to live because I don't know the state of their soul. I know mine and where I'm going - I'm not afraid. But to save my life that will be lost at some point anyway to cause someone to possibly go to eternity in hell is not what I ever want to do. Ever.

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Noted and cut. PUBLIC WARNING (as well as private email sent to "Paul").

Thread is well past 10 pages, so closing it anon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.