1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should your salvation ever be questioned?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by FrankBetz, Apr 17, 2005.

1. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Good point Diane. I like sharing it with those who will listen. If they look at me like I am crazy then I let it go and say a prayer for them.

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen!

[​IMG]

3. ABA

ABA New Member

Hello brothers & Sisters in Christ,

May I add my 2 bits if you will. I agree with brother Bob (Dr Bob) in a case like he described and do likewise or so as he would.

Like PastorSBC1303, I do not see how one can use this Scripture to question another person's salvation. The verse in my understanding is to give Testimony for one's hope. While this might help lead a doubter to believe, it should not be used as a verse to determine the person's salvation.

A true believer will manifest the fruit of the Spirit in his or her life. This person's character or integrity, commitment and over all lifestyle will reflect Christ. (The BIG word -- REGENERATION). People might grow in the faith at diferrent levels and we should be aware of that.

Just professing yet living a contineous life style contrary to to Biblical teaching will not demonstrate the person is saved.

There are deceiving Spirits fooling some to believe they are save when in fact they are not.

4. ABA

ABA New Member

Hello brothers & Sisters in Christ,

May I add my 2 bits if you will. I agree with brother Bob (Dr Bob) in a case like he described and do likewise or so as he would do.

Like PastorSBC1303, I do not see how one can use this Scripture to question another person's salvation. The verse in my understanding is to give Testimony for one's hope. While this might help lead a doubter to believe, it should not be used as a verse to determine the person's salvation.

A true believer will manifest the fruit of the Spirit in his or her life. This person's character or integrity, commitment and over all lifestyle will reflect Christ. (The BIG word -- REGENERATION). People might grow in the faith at diferrent levels and we should be aware of that.

Just professing yet living a contineous life style contrary to to Biblical teaching will not demonstrate the person is saved.

There are deceiving Spirits fooling some to believe they are saved when in fact they are not.

5. bmerr

bmerr New Member

All,

bmerr here. It is interesting to notice that in 2 Pet 1:10, Peter tells the recipients of his epistle, who he addresses as "brethren" to "...give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things (see verses 5-9) ye shall never fall."

2 Cor 13:5 tells us to "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves."

Also, 1 Thes 5:21 tells us to "prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

We need to make sure our own conversion follows the examples left for us in the book of Acts (the book of conversions), and make sure we're living faithfully according to NT teaching. Only then can we have assurance of our own salvation.

After we are sure about ourselves, we have the obligation to help others to examine themselves.

All this examination MUST be done in the light of the whole council of God. All of what the Bible says on a subject must be taken into account when forming our opinions. If we find ourselves trying to explain away this or that passage, we should take that as a clue that we are not rightly dividing the world of truth.

Mainly though, we must examine ourselves first.

In Christ,
    bmerr

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Divisions and separations are most objectionable in religion. They weaken the cause of true Christianity ...But before we blame people for them, we must be careful that we lay the blame where it is deserved. False doctrine and heresy are even worse than schism. If people separate themselves from teaching that is positively false and unscriptural, they ought to be praised rather than reproved. In such cases separation is a virtue and not a sin.

J.C. RYLE

7. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

bmerr,

Great thoughts! The verses you cited hit it right on the head and really answered the original post.

--Jeff

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe that Chaplain just went to go smoke one of those cigars. Defiling the temple of God maybe? A poor witness? that is shameful, but then I could criticize about 98% of people in the way they care for their bodies as being unhealthy. The way they eat, what they eat, their weight, structure, especially exercise and conditioning, posture, the shape of their body, shortening the length and quality of life…so physically I could judge all these as not showing good fruit, defiling the temple of God, but where do I draw the line at the prejudices of smoking or the over all conditioning of the body? How about the mind? I can watch their actions, hear their speech, and observe the expressions on their face…I could find faults with anybody in the way that they are thinking or acting…it’s a gift… ask my wife!

The heart would be the most difficult to judge, because once someone turns their back and walks away there is no way to know what is in their heart. Point being made, who draws the line? My reason for hope is my love for God and trust in Him for what He has done for me. Nothing I say or do to be witnessed by men gives them the insight to accurately judge my heart. It is not their job to judge my heart or me theirs.

When giving a man a reason for my hope I am very meek. If someone observes behavior coming from me that portrays me a poor witness toward sanctification it shamefully hurts me personally by revealing what a wretched person I am and I suffer for that, but I feel the most important thing we need to know and tell is that God sent His Son because we’re not perfect and we need to trust and believe in that, because it is He that judges the heart and He that forgives. If someone thinks evil of me and questions my salvation I can in good conscience tell them not to respect me for I have faults and although I have to try to repent of those faults my failure does not affect my salvation, so respect, reverence and trust in God for He sent His Son to be the Lord of our lives and all we have to do is believe that and freely His grace is sufficient in my heart. I reverence or even call “Reverend” no man to give authority to judge me.