1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shrinking the size of govt

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 1, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just started a thread about food stamps. It stated that the US spends over 300 billion for food stamps. However, there is an additional cost of 300 billion to administer several social service programs.

Click here to read what Robert Allen Bonelli author of Liberty Rising; and the son of a taxi driver, has to say.
    I find it "humorous" that these programs are considered "entitlements" ! If I work for a company for 20 years, then I am entitled to a retirement check. If I put money into a bank, I am entitled to the interest. But to be given something without working - that my friend is NOT an entitlement - it is a hand out (though temporally I will accept the term hand-up)
    It is not too late to fix it - but the longer we wait - the harder it will be.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Simplest way to shrink the size of government would be to repeal the Constitution and return to being 50 sovereign STATES, not 50 provinces of one sovereign state. Then each of the 50 sovereign state joins NAFTA. Puerto Rico, Guam and our Pacific Islands are given the option to do as they will.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or at least strengthen the 10th amendment :thumbsup:

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist