1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shula out at Bama, Dantonio in at Mich St.

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Nov 27, 2006.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Scott wrote:
    Especially when DuBose was guilty of moral scandals, too.
    So Randy Sanders impresses you :smilewinkgrin: I don't know how much credit to give Brooks. His record pre-Sanders wasn't good.
    I personally believe the job at NC State is Norm Chow's to lose. One thing for sure: they don't want to hire their 8th choice like they had to do in basketball. If Chow spurns them, I look for them to go for an easy yes. Does Larry Coker or Gary Barnett get back into the game? As for your other points, I agree. I also wonder how his family being (apparently) very happy to be in Knoxville factors in. They have more money than they need. Is 2 million a year worth the headache (I didn't want to say heart-ache) :)

Regarding Nutt:
    I don't think that would stop him. If he felt he could do it, IMHO he'll jump. Past behavior just makes me think that.
    That's been floated in Knoxville (as OC here or somewhere else). The analysts question his readiness. Trooper says he loves it in Knoxville, but big money will talk. One other thing: the big scuttle last year was he and Chief did not and do not get along. Don't know how true that is. I do know a couple of comments in the media were awfully close to being chippy from Chief about Trooper.

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know alot of people are high on Chavis but I am not sure I get it. I saw where he got an award recently and definitely don't get that.

My bias is based in a dislike for having to blitz as much as UT does to get pressure. I made a comment during fall camp that it concerned me that all the sacks were coming from LB's and DB's. Another fan mocked saying it didn't matter. The inability to get pressure/penetration by the front four killed them all year long when they needed big stops IMO.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Chavis doesn't bother me near as much as Larry Slade does. I will say til I die, I think he should've lost his job way before Randy Sanders. Larry Slade's coaching miscues cost us more games than Randy did last year, and they cost us two games this year IMHO.

Oh well. :BangHead:

4. Paladin

Paladin New Member

Been a wild couple of weeks in T-Town, coaching rumors flying all around ... From Spurrier ... Saban ... Bob Stoops ... Bobby Petrino ... John Gruden ... the joke around town is honk if you've been offered the Bammer HC position ... Appears that finally something has been finalized ... Rich Rodriquez of WV has been offered the job ... No news about an acceptance though

http://www.tidesports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061207/NEWS/612070332/1011

check out the crazy rumor from Miami ... if the U of A has that kinda money to throw around ... should give some to my wife (she is a UA employee)

http://www.tidesports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061207/NEWS/612070332/1011