1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shutting down?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by emeraldctyangel, Jul 16, 2005.

1. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

"Threads like this one are most likely to get shut down the most quickly. This is not a complaint forum it is a debate forum. I will not question Blackbird's deciscion to shut down the thread in question. Perhaps he had a good reason to do so. You yourself (King James) had just posted that the topic had gone astray and were thinking of starting another thread. So what is your problem?
    When people start threads for the simple reason for griping and complaining then they can go somewhere else. I consider this matter closed."

Why did you ask him what his problem was and then shut it all down?

Basic tenants of discussion boards -
    People will get off topic.
    People will be judged by what they post.
    People will get angry and post angry statements.

but also...

People will gain understanding of one another.
    People will become more tolerant.
    People will extend their prayers and good will towards one another.

People need the ability to explain and have continued discussion. That is how things are resolved in a more meaningful way - to everyone's benefit.

At this point it just seems you didnt personally care for this person talking about baseball, and then expressing his problem with being called a hell bound heretic (which really - you all should know better than that). So you just cut him off.

Last I checked this thread was under the General Baptist Discussions, which is under Baptist DEBATE Forums. That is what I saw out of the person in question - debate. What I saw out of others was name calling.

2. OCC

OCC Guest

Amen. Couldn't say it better myself. I basically made my other post because he asked me a question, then shuts it down so I cannot answer it. I always have and always will point out injustices or inconsistencies and I think that kind of bothers certain types of people. Oh well eh?

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

There are reasons why threads are shut down. Whatever those reasons are, when you joined you agreed to handle disputes in private. Therefore, you should handle your disputes in private. If you question why a thread was shut down, the hit the PM button and ask. It is a simple thing to do.

4. OCC

OCC Guest

PastorLarry...you are right. It still doesn't change the fact that I was asked a question and then the thread was shut down so I couldn't answer it. Believe me, from now on disputes will be handled in private. I ain't takin any crap that the board tolerates, from anybody...

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

It has happened to all of us. It's part of life.

6. OCC

OCC Guest

Ok Larry.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So what's your problem? The question was meant as a rhetorical question, motivating the person to think, but not necessarily to give an answer in public. I am sure you have enough knowledge of the English language to understand that.

"By thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."
    "Every idle word that a man shall speak he shall so give account of."
    "So then every one of shall give account of ourselves before God."

There are rules about being angry and making angry posts:
    By complaining and griping??

There are many different threads to have meaningful discussions on various topics. If you have something to complain about then do it in private through a pm.

I detect a false accusation here, which is also against the rules. Can you give a quote where anyone called him "he bound heretic." Then withdraw your statement and give an apology. I didn't cut anyone off. I closed a thread that should have never been started, as this one should have never been started. If you want to gripe and complain go somewhere else. It is not welcome here.

What specific name-calling did you see?
    We don't tolerated false allegations.
    DHK

8. OCC

OCC Guest

"3. Show grace to the other posters. When someone disagrees with you, discuss it; but be slow to offend, and eager to get into the Word and find the answers. Remember, when discussing passionate issues, it is easy to go too far and offend."

Funny how this rule never applies to people when they say something to me. I have been called a hell bound heretic and I have been called an enemy of God. I will just get a thicker skin...like the people whom I say anything to will have to as well.

"What specific name-calling did you see?
    We don't tolerated false allegations."

Yes you do...when they are against me.

I would appreciate if you don't try and lecture about how certain posts shouldn't have been started. We live in free countries and sometimes things have to be dealt with out in the open or things will never change.

DKH, you cannot demand respect because you are a moderator...

9. OCC

OCC Guest

Oh and I'd appreciate if you don't imply that I am a liar. I know what I have been called on here. :mad:

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Document it. Don't make accusations without backing it up.

11. OCC

OCC Guest

DHK, then from now on I will do that. I still know what I was called though. There me be many "reported" posts coming the Moderators' ways from me in the future.

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Thank you, King James!!! Thats the best piece of advise you can give yourself.

Bro. David

13. OCC

OCC Guest

I guess so Bro.David but I'd feel like a snitch. :(

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

If I had a dollar for everytime I snitched . . . move over Bill Gates---there's a new kid on the block!!!

Thanks!

Bro. David

15. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And as a Admin/Mod, I'd rather edit/delete a reported post than edit/delete two or three follow ons from people trying to handle the matter in public.

16. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

It has happened to all of us. It's part of life.

That does not make it right for Christians to behave that way toward fellow Christians. That answer is a very wordly one.

17. OCC

OCC Guest

That's basically what I feel TS but I'm not going to argue with them.