1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sickening and troubling verse.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Magnetic Poles, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually it is the case. The account is recorded in Eusibius of the events that occured during AD 70. Gangs ran around confiscating food. One particular woman killed her son and dressed him as food then cursed the gang as they took him. Many did die of starvation others by the sword.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TS, I believe you've misunderstood and missed the point of my post.

You said:

..........which implies that the woes that came upon the Jews were solely from the hands of the Romans, which is not the case at all.

My point is that the stockpiled supply of dry food was intentionally burned by Jewish leaders. The Jews were their own worst enemies in all that occurred in the war. What they endured was mainly self-inflicted. They suffered far more from cruelties and tortures inflicted upon one another, than from the Romans. The Jews killed one another in numbers far greater than those slain by the soldiers. Josephus [a Jew] laments over this fact several times within his written eye witness account of what transpired during the AD 66-70 War. This is what makes it "a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation, even to that same time" (Da 12:1. And, it was prophesied, it was foretold:

But the unclean spirit, when he is gone out of the man, passeth through waterless places, seeking rest, and findeth it not. Then he saith, I will return into my house whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more evil than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man becometh worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this evil generation. Mt 12:43-45

For I will no more pity the inhabitants of the land, saith Jehovah; but, lo, I will deliver the men every one into his neighbor`s hand, and into the hand of his king; and they shall smite the land, and out of their hand I will not deliver them. Zech 11:6

49 I came to cast fire upon the earth [the land]; and what do I desire, if it is already kindled?
    50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
    51 Think ye that I am come to give peace in the earth [the land]? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
    52 for there shall be from henceforth five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
    53 They shall be divided, father against son, and son against father; mother against daughter, and daughter against her mother; mother in law against her daughter in law, and daughter in law against her mother in law. Lu 12

It was civil war amongst the Jews that destroed them, NOT the Romans.

It is indeed a sickening and troubling and fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh. I did misunderstood your point. I was simplifing but you expounded on the actuall situation. I have to agree the Jews were their own worst enemy.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Amen. Concise and to the point and perfectly describing ones objective.

It's shameful to see it in black and white, but this is telling it like it is.