1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Sign of the Trinity"?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by dumbox1, Sep 10, 2003.

1. dumbox1

dumbox1 Guest

A friend recently mentioned that he's heard the "Sign of the Cross" (familiar to Catholics Orthodox, and some other groups) referred to by others as the "Sign of the Trinity."

Have any of you ever encountered this name? If so, in what sort of context?

Thanks,

Mark

2. MikeS

MikeS New Member

I've never heard it called that, but we do affirm the Trinity in making the sign of the cross, so I wouldn't object to that description.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've heard it called that, but not that often. I think most Christians (Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant and Evangelical) know it as the sign of the cross.

4. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if I've heard it specifically called that though Ken Collins excellent Litugical site. http://www.kencollins.com/how-01.htm mentions the symbolism of the sign of the cross,

The Discussion group I moderate discusses such things. at
    Liturgical Baptists Discussion Group

One contributer stated in a thread,
    I am sure there are some here with more insights but that is just a few thoughts.

[​IMG]

Christ has risen from the dead,by death he has trampled on death,and to those in the graves given life!
    Randy +T+

[ September 10, 2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Kiffin ]